The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Omni 5 bar map sensor ecmlink settings needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboelduro

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2007
winsted, Connecticut
Just bought a Omni 5 bar to replace my 4 bar that I’ve had for years. Wanted to run more boost :) so. What settings would I input. On ecmlink

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have been hunting for the correct values and have finally come to the conclusion that it would be easiest to just contact them directly.

When I look at the Omni 3 bar settings they are +9.132v down to -0.020v
The Omni 4 bar settings are +11.963v down to -0.039
SOOO....if I did the math right, you can try +14.794v for the high limit and -0.058v for the low limit.
I emailed Omni with the question, we will see if I get an answer close to my math ROFL
Marty

So Bob, from Omni, got right back to me with these specs. I think the negative #'s are for the low setting (vacuum) and the high settings are for boost.
One thing to remember about MAP sensors is that when you get a 4 BAR sensor, it reads negative also to 1 bar at least. It is something some people overlook and think 4 BAR = good to 56psi which is wrong, only good to about 42ish. I know, I run one. I have a 5 BAR Omni sensor also since I run over 42lbs of boost on the stick car but it isn't installed yet.
Here is his attachment he sent me back.
Marty

So Bob, from Omni, got right back to me with these specs. I think the negative #'s are for the low setting (vacuum) and the high settings are for boost.
One thing to remember about MAP sensors is that when you get a 4 BAR sensor, it reads negative also to 1 bar at least. It is something some people overlook and think 4 BAR = good to 56psi which is wrong, only good to about 42ish. I know, I run one. I have a 5 BAR Omni sensor also since I run over 42lbs of boost on the stick car but it isn't installed yet.
Here is his attachment he sent me back.
Marty

I'm struggling to set up my 5 bar omni. I cant quite seem to get it right. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

I did some math between 4 bar and 3 bar Omni sensors and tried to come up with some "user defined" values to try for the 5 bar.
Try 14.790 psi/volt
And -0.058 volts (offset)
You can ALWAYS change it back but give those #'s a try as user defined for the 5 bar map.
Report back please also.

I did some math between 4 bar and 3 bar Omni sensors and tried to come up with some "user defined" values to try for the 5 bar.
Try 14.790 psi/volt
And -0.058 volts (offset)
You can ALWAYS change it back but give those #'s a try as user defined for the 5 bar map.
Report back please also.
would you mind looking me up on facebook if you have one and shoot me a message please. I cannot get this thing to read correctly so ill try and show you what im doing

Sorry. I absolutely would never join FB. This is about the only media you'll find me on.

From the Omni spec sheet for the 5 bar:

The offset is 0.6 volts, put this in volts (user defined offset). This is the lowest voltage the sensor will output at 30kpa.

The pressure range is 30 to 500 kpa, or 470 kpa. 470 kpa = 68.1677psi range. The sensor voltage goes from 0.6 to 4.75 volts, or voltage range of 4.15 volts. PSI/volt will be 68.1677psi/4.15volt= 16.43 and matches up with omni's multiplier factor. Put 16.43 volts in volts/psi (user defined scale).

You can verify this using the transfer function in the spec sheet.

The offset is 0.6 volts, put this in volts (user defined offset). This is the lowest voltage the sensor will output at 30kpa.

The pressure range is 30 to 500 kpa, or 470 kpa. 470 kpa = 68.1677psi range. The sensor voltage goes from 0.6 to 4.75 volts, or voltage range of 4.15 volts. PSI/volt will be 68.1677psi/4.15volt= 16.43 and matches up with omni's multiplier factor. Put 16.43 volts in volts/psi (user defined scale).

Here is what I’ve used. Does that look right?

Just tried those settings, car has no throttle response and struggles heavily to idle

I would expect to see linear boost as sensor type in drop down. Also I saw a post where someone’s car was broken, then they added an Omni 5 bar. Not sure if that was you, but if it is, it’s possible something else is broken and the map sensors are fine.
It was possibly me. Car has been running super super rich afrs and i thought map was culprit

I think you need to resolve your first issue before adding complexity with a 5 bar map.

Try to find a known good GM 3 bar map if you have data proving the map is the issue. Otherwise find and fix your original problem. The Omni sensors can be hit and miss reliability wise. The non Chinese GM are known to be more reliable and have better resolution.

Anyone else figure the input values?

I just emailed Bob at omni, see what he says.

This is what I have figured out so far but it means pretty much nothing. Had the car running but it the map numbers where off about 1-2psi at idle of -20psi and off 4psi at 0 psi

My math

When you do basic math to calculate the psi/v it equals

.6V - 4.75V = 4.15V
500kpa - 30kpa = 470kpa --> 68.16 psi

68.16 psi / 4.15 = 16.426 psi per Volt

So the multiplier seems to be correct.

Solving the offset is an unknown to me at this point.

The offset is calculated in dsm link by voltage.
What is the -5.504 numbers units? Obviously it's not volts being a 0-5v sensor thar reads 4.75v max.

I should also add that I tested the sensor keyed at 0 psi and the voltage was 1.095 Volts, could that be the correct offset?

My only concern is the other setting in link for the 3/4 bar are super low, almost 0.

Also the dsm link preset multiplier and omni numbers don't match up for the 3 / 4 Bar Sensors, anyone have any idea on this?

Last edited:
Anyone else figure the input values?

I just emailed Bob at omni, see what he says.

This is what I have figured out so far but it means pretty much nothing. Had the car running but it the map numbers where off about 1-2psi at idle of -20psi and off 4psi at 0 psi

My math

The multiplier is 16.426, yet when you do basic math to calculate the psi/v it equals

.6V - 4.75V = 4.15V
500kpa --> 72.52 psi

72.52 psi / 4.15 = 17.4746987952 psi per Volt

The offset is calculated in dsm link by voltage.
What is the -5.504 numbers units? Obviously it's not volts being a 0-5v sensor thar reads 4.75v max.

Also the dsm link preset multiplier and omni numbers don't match up for the 3 / 4 Bar Sensors, anyone have any idea on this?

I appreciate the reply, props to you for taking the time to do all that math LOL. Save yourself the headache and buy an aem 5 bar. Trust me, you won’t regret it!!

Lol I just paid $240 for the Omni one shipped, I'm committed.

I did find out playing around with link that the main issue to get the sensor to zero out isn't the numbers on the inputs page but rather the scale on the data log page when you select your high and low values. The 30kpa or 4.35psi throws the scale off, it needs to be changed. So I just manipulated it until the map sensor read 0 with the ignition off.

That's the best start information I have so far.

Also to add, it strangely seems to run the best on the 4 Bar Settings

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back