The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a BW turbo that doesn't have a nameplate on it. I don't have my calipers at my house right now to measure anything. My friend seems to think when he bought it he was told it was an s362. However, it seems to me like its an s366. Can anyone ID it without measuring it?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got to talking to my neighbor while he was outside and he actually had a set of calipers albeit very shitty plastic ones from harbor freight. Seems to be 60mm inducer so it seems like it's an s360. Does anyone apart from xsboost make a billet wheel for this? I couldn't find anything through some light googling.

Part number for the turbo should be on the tag on the bearing housing...but since that's missing you'll need to measure the wheel to the best of your ability. You can't go straight across because it's a 7-blade wheel so start at the center of the shaft and multiply your result by two. Definitely not a 366 judging by how much material there is around the inlet flange, I'm going to say it's either a 360 or 362.

Billet wheels don't do much for Borg S300-series turbos which come from the factory with an efficient extended-tip cast compressor, so I'd look to spend money elsewhere until you get this installed and maxed out.

I'm posting for a friend who just bought a GSX restoration project. He picked up this turbo at the junkyard and he is wondering what turbo is it? It looks like the stock T25 ?
He's trying to figure out which is the oil feed line and which is the coolant feed line and where do they connect on his engine...

Any input is appreciated!

I might be wrong, but that looks like a stock garret t-25 turbo to me. The turbo oil feed line is the line that is cut off in picture #1 and #2. It connects to the oil filter housing (picture #4) where the oil is forced thru the line to the turbo. Now I believe that short black hose in picture #2 is the coolant return line. In picture #1 the metal line that is pointing towards the bottom left corner is the coolant feed line. That connects to a rubber hose which connects to metal hose in picture #3 that is parallel to the ground. This line taps into the main line which comes from the water pump.

Hope that helps!

Stock Garrett TB2566 from a 2G.

Oil feed goes into the top, drain from the bottom (obviously)...coolant feed to the front and return at the back. Coolant feed hooks to the block on 2G's underneath the water pipe; coolant return always goes to the thermostat housing (flows from cool to warm).

Trying to find out brand and size help

It should have instant spool!!!! :thumb:

Hey was wondering if anyone could help me identify this older FP turbo, I recently got it from a fire damaged 2g dsm it has a turbonetics elbow welded onto it and an external tial gate, I have looked for the older fp turbos or any posts with info so far no luck as of yet, but it has a Garrett a/r 60 written on the housing, but wanted to see if anyone could help me confirm what it is, I plan to measure the wheels soon, thanks

If you measure the compressor it will narrow it down for you like the above post said, either way that is a great find. They were both awesome turbos

More than like an FP 3052 or 3065. I believe the 65 had a 61mm inducer and the 52 had a 57 mm inducer.

I've ruled out the the DSM 82 or 86 because the compressor covers usually had the A/R.70 logo embossed on it.
Definitely not a 3065, which used the GT3582R comp wheel. You can identify those by the hex nut shaped casting at the inducer side of the wheel. It's not anything HTA/HTZ because they're 7 blade and you can easily tell the difference between billet wheels and cast. This also has a .60AR hotside, which is the T04E, where all of the bigger turbos used the T04S .70 housing. All signs point to this being a 3052 as others have said.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back