The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

old schoolers, what ever happened to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticTsi said:
sure, here is a larger pic of my sig pic. Thanks for all the compliments guys. The Talon will always hold a special place with me. It is not getting retired, I may still take some stabs at the 14b record when I get back to the states.

I never really kept track of the mileage that much, but the time I took it out of storage after 8years I think it was at 40k. I have to guess that it is at 70k now. The mileage is there because I was driving it to events, meets, tracks, shows almost every weekend. So she is definetely a workhorse, never trailered.

Keep up the great work guys and Chris, the site looks a great as ever.

Jose

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
if you dont mind, I would like to do that same thing to my front bumper. except i want to move them a little closer and make them rounder (oval maybe?). is there any way I could find out what you used to line it. it looks like you have some rubber around the edge to keep the whole from getting torn any bigger, stuff like that. I saw a 1g talon with the same paint job as that (no where near as nice) for five days straight. went to safeway every day, saw that car there every day. the WOMAN driving it must have been at least 70 years old. the car has over 150k on it. tsi awd 70 yr old woman driver... damn, someone needs to buy that from her, LOL.

ECLIPSE4x4 said:
Then you must be just as soft because your still posting.

Maybe you should follw them out.

Dude I have read some of your posts... All I will say is, "no comment"

like wise there buddy. I post unimportant stuff on this site because thats all it consists of i dont dare aska question because use the search will be the answer and we all know about the all mighty search button and how it actually works. And if you look I rarely post here anymore because it is a joke.

tstkl said:
if you dont mind, I would like to do that same thing to my front bumper. except i want to move them a little closer and make them rounder (oval maybe?). is there any way I could find out what you used to line it. it looks like you have some rubber around the edge to keep the whole from getting torn any bigger, stuff like that. I saw a 1g talon with the same paint job as that (no where near as nice) for five days straight. went to safeway every day, saw that car there every day. the WOMAN driving it must have been at least 70 years old. the car has over 150k on it. tsi awd 70 yr old woman driver... damn, someone needs to buy that from her, LOL.

Go look at NDGSX's account for more ideas on holes in the bumper, you have to be very very exact because anything that is off looks horrible.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=172057

harryb said:
Go look at NDGSX's account for more ideas on holes in the bumper, you have to be very very exact because anything that is off looks horrible.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=172057
dont worry, im the most anal retentive person i know, especially when it comes to my dsm. me and some 500 grit sand paper will become friends for no less than 10 hours by the end of a project like that. but what about the rubber lining? cant let my hard work be ruined by something stupid

dthquazi1 said:
like wise there buddy. I post unimportant stuff on this site because thats all it consists of i dont dare aska question because use the search will be the answer and we all know about the all mighty search button and how it actually works. And if you look I rarely post here anymore because it is a joke.

Okay.

flame all you want i have been here since 2002 i believe. my first name got banned for some rediculous reason and since i just dont care. but wait you can't becuase of many different reasons! im sorry but me attack YOUR LIFE must be hard.

dthquazi1 said:
flame all you want i have been here since 2002 i believe. my first name got banned for some rediculous reason and since i just dont care. but wait you can't becuase of many different reasons! im sorry but me attack YOUR LIFE must be hard.

Well, if you don't care, why is the issue being discussed? You're certainly welcome here, but if you don't enjoy it here perhaps you should leave?

The last half of your post didn't make much sense, perhaps you'd care to clarify whatever it is you're trying to say?

Even though i registered under this name in Feburary 04 or whatever, i still had been lerking around way before that. All Im going to say is that DSMtuners will always be one of the top sources that has helped me learn and grow with these cars. Before i even knew what a DSM was, i will admit i didnt know squat about these cars. I have owned over 4 DSM's now. Its like everytime i sell one, i regret that i sold it & buy another dsm. While i do think this site has gone a little on the soft side, it still cant be called completely "boring". I understand what Luda is trying to accomplish. Do we really need to be like the other forums such as srtforums and honda kill stories?? I registered on srtforums and believe me, it made me sick to my stomache reading all the crap that was posted on there. I think DSMtuners.com is one of the cleanest, informative, friendly sites on the net. It shows other sites were not all about fun and games, we walk the walk with the performance we make. One of the reasons why majority of the SRT guys out there spend more time posting war stories than modding there cars. This site directs most of us in to modding and tuning our cars, just like it should be. :thumb:

I wish this site was a little more lenient but that is not going to stop me from visiting this site.

I still consider DSMtuners a necessary middle ground between:
y0 boyz, check dat fiiiiiiine blitz kit! I'm gonna bling it out with a vented BOV and 19s, baybee!
and
Shut the @#*$ up, correct your spelling, sit up straight, and if I hear "y0" out of you one more time, you'll regret ever hearing about the Internet.
:D

All three have their place (the first, sadly, being far more common than the other two), and it would be unfortunate to not have all three as a resource. But, building a community around free reign (the full-disclosure mailing list comes to mind; pure anarchy), or around authoritarian rules (NABR is an example of this done in a sustainable manner), keeps the overhead of maintenance down; either there's no such thing as inappropriate behavior, or appropriate behavior is spelled out unambiguously.

It takes a lot of work and careful community building to balance technical discussion that caters to the average enthusiast, to advanced topics, and to the necessary off-topic discussion that comes with a community. I don't envy Chris or the moderators here one bit; they have a harder job than they would have elsewhere.

leet said:
Well, if you don't care, why is the issue being discussed? You're certainly welcome here, but if you don't enjoy it here perhaps you should leave?

The last half of your post didn't make much sense, perhaps you'd care to clarify whatever it is you're trying to say?

dont get me wrong, i do enjoy it here. Just it is far less than i did say a year, or even two years ago. There is more attutude on these forums than a house full or 10 teenage girls, but it is tamed to petty sarcasm and little remarks.
I dont even remember what i was trying to say and im sure it doens't even matter.

I've lurked since the start, i mostly frequent the Dsmlink forums now thats about it, and i come here for classifieds when im bored (not that anyone cares):D

Hey is there away that you can change everyone who's been signed on since 2002's proven member to "old school member" or something along those lines. That would be kinda cool just for sheets and giggles

PokinatchaPunk said:
Hey is there away that you can change everyone who's been signed on since 2002's proven member to "old school member" or something along those lines. That would be kinda cool just for sheets and giggles

I agree. Especially since I lurked around on the forums till the beginning pretty much, and then registered as I was buying my first DSM.

PokinatchaPunk said:

Hey, if anything is changed, Jan 2003 should change as well.

CanadianTSi said:
Might have a hard time with that considering it is now low 10's :p

I was talking about the 14b AWD record, which is currently held by Nate, which is around 11.44. But who knows that could be in the 10's as well, in a couple of years. As it will be a couple of years before I can have another shot at it.

PokinatchaPunk said:
Hey is there away that you can change everyone who's been signed on since 2002's proven member to "old school member" or something along those lines.
That might be kinda cool. Although I don't need reminders of how old I am... :D

Someone mentioned Aslan (NosLaser) earlier. He's more into Mustangs now-- I see him occasionally. I just got a Mustang too (still have the DSM), so I still seek his advice every now and then.

DevilSperm said:
Jose, I plan to give you some competition :D

Good stuff, a little friendly competition always will push you to your best. I see you have been chipping away at your 14b time also. I wont be back in the states until late 2007, so by then you will have eclipsed(no pun intended) my 12.1 time. I know my baby had an 11sec pass in her, I just could never get all the planest aligned for such a pass. But when I get back its on. :thumb:

Jose
ArcticTsi
ArcticBenz(for my Benz friends)

NDgsx said:
It's funny that people feel "old" because of this. Old is remembering reading the talon digest everyday.
Old is remembering the first day talk went online, then when Chris started tuners.
You're not old, don't worry about it.

Not that anyone cares but I parted out the eclipse and bought and Evo. I highly recomend it as the next mod to your Dsm also.

And some people have no clue what this thread is about. It's not about being on this site the day the man switched the on button for the internet. It was about the days of everyone killing time here at work. When a certain click, was the members of this site. The time from Mid-Late 02 was a very fun time here. That was the point of the thread Mr. I invented the interent.

:nono: ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back