The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

old schoolers, what ever happened to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wastefuldreamer said:
How about that guy SOURCE1064 I think his name was?

Did his car ever get finished?

I'm still around but haven't really been active due to work and all. When I joined I was in college now I'm dealing with work and lots of toys.

Airpoppoff said:
Charlie's? Yeah right, That car will never be done :tease:

Hey Matt thanks jerk. LOL Car is still in pieces. Right now the car is in my driveway with the tein suspension seats are in, track wheels are on and it's all wired up. My mechanic has the engine assembled and tranny ready to drop in. He moved to several shops over the years delaying my project which wasn't a priority since I always had a second car through the years 97 Eddie Bauer Expedition -> 02 M3 Coupe-> 2005 M3 Convertible. I'm also looking at picking up a 2006 GSX-R 750 in the next month or so. Right now my priority is since my mechanic just moved back to a local shop again is to trailer it to his new location and get him to wrap it up with the car. I'm sure there will be more setbacks as since he moves several times I noticed some parts missing. So once everything is together I'll see what I need to finish her up. I posted a few months back some updates from the last shop she was in. This shows pretty much where I am at currently.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207437

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205145

Once it is up and running there will be the mother of all posts with pics and vids!

Here's the current daily driver with the hardtop on:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Some toys

I have M3 CSL wheels on now because I bent a rim 2 weeks ago when my tire blew out doing 120 mph.

Eh, not too bad. over here in japan chillin. Kinda depressed cause i cant find a damn GSX or GVR4 to get.....but i haev my 180 and my buell....so im good for a little bit. ILl sell the 180 early next year and sit on the cash and wait for a GSX or GVR4....so i can build the shot out of it nad bring it back (GSX or just then drivetrain gvr4)

dont be a stranger man, hit me up on yahoo or aim jdmisghey on yahoo tsispyder97 on aol.

I miss my spyder alot though. im still kicking myself in the ass for selling it

SOURCE1064 said:
Hey Matt thanks jerk. LOL Car is still in pieces. Right now the car is in my driveway with the tein suspension seats are in, track wheels are on and it's all wired up. My mechanic has the engine assembled and tranny ready to drop in.

Hahahah, I love you Charlie, I miss you man, I always see you online on aim, But I never I'med you for some reason WTF M3 is lookin snazzy, I Absolutely love the V1 setup in the mirror, I figured you'd have some other car, Honestly If I had an M, i'd never drive my eclipse or hope it to get done either, Good thing to hear all is well with you. Maybe if you ever get your car done, And I'm over there for a race, I'll come do some photo's for ya :cool:

Matt----------

SOURCE1064 said:

Long gone...:cry: ...How are you doing bro?

Heh, hey Charlie! What's up bro? It's Phoenix. Seems like things are going well for ya....:thumb:

BTW, how many miles ya got on the GS-X? Like 6? ROFL ROFL

GSntncT said:
Heh, hey Charlie! What's up bro? It's Phoenix. Seems like things are going well for ya....:thumb:

BTW, how many miles ya got on the GS-X? Like 6? ROFL ROFL

What's up Phoenix actually for a car that hasn't been driven in nearly 6 years is has 56k on it. I drove everywhere in that thing when it was running. :thumb:

man i remember when i drove liek all night to come ot the last beach event....it was worth the 8 hour drive from GA to see everyone again!

time for a japan meet LOL

I know Im bringing this back from the dead but hell so am I. Havent been on but to look at items for sale here and there since my accident which was a few months after larryd's. I did 9 months of rehab, bills pilled up, and with no OT I couldnt get another dsm in the condition I had mine so along with other stuff I didnt have the time and it just wasnt fun for me any more.

Im sure most of you may not remember me and Im hurt by that cause matt wasnt the biggest post whore Larryd was followed by me. I had over 3k in posts and larry had over 5k and this was in 2002 to early 2003. Needless to say no I didnt contribute much but I did have a lot of fun and even though I only spoke to most of you very little unless it was here we had some tight knit groups.

Well I just wanted to stop by and say hey; looks like everyone is doing well and Im glad you guys are still around. Well I hope everyones has a safe and prosperous 2008.

Well since this thread has been revived what happened to good ole andy moraitis?

LarryD went back to Celicas.

Andy, just dissappeared. POOF! Just like that.

This is his last post.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151203773-post9.html
He last logged in 27-SEP-07.

Other intrests shows World of Warcraft. I've seen some VERY ugly things come from that game. I say a soldier get kicked out because of it and a marriage fail over it. Some people need to realize that as interactive as those games are, it's STILL just a game. Hopefully he didn't get addicted to it like others did.

Well since this thread has been revived what happened to good ole andy moraitis?
Andy is no longer a DSM owner. He sold his beautiful 2G to another member of this site, and he bought a nice, reliable VW daily driver for him and his wife. He's been working his butt off for the past year, and quickly ran out of time and money to sink into the dizzum, so he felt it necessary to sell it.

I do miss seeing Andy on here everyday, though. Hopefully he will be back someday. :)

For any of you WOW players, he is still very active there. It's not controlling his life or anything, but it does seem to be the hobby he replaced his DSM with.

Andy is no longer a DSM owner. He sold his beautiful 2G to another member of this site, and he bought a nice, reliable VW daily driver for him and his wife. He's been working his butt off for the past year, and quickly ran out of time and money to sink into the dizzum, so he felt it necessary to sell it.

I do miss seeing Andy on here everyday, though. Hopefully he will be back someday. :)

Andy was trying to sell his DSM for a couple years, if I recall correctly.

Wow that sucks he was always very helpful and seemed to be a cool guy. I know he will be back everyone always catches the DSM bug again.

Wow that sucks he was always very helpful and seemed to be a cool guy. I know he will be back everyone always catches the DSM bug again.

He won't.

I still talk to Andy on occasion. Him and his wife have been working on buying a coffee shop/ bookstore, and may be moving soon as well. You have to keep in mind here, Andy is 40 years old, and the urge to modify cars and go fast have passed. However, I still remember the first time we spoke, and the first time we met, that cold day in January he made the 2.5 hr drive to my place to do a cam install. I still call him when I need tuning advice.

I noticed Andy not around as much. I used to PM him every once and a while for advice since about mid 2006 when he started warning me about lashing out at other members who would ask stupid questions. Great guy. Wish him and his wife the best of luck in their venture.

Old Schooler checking in. Alot of us "older" guys have the tuning fever, however, we have to take breaks everynow and then to pursue other ventures or priorities. But we always have that love for a well built, finely tuned automobile inside us. I had to take a break from my DSM while stationed overseas this time, but upgraded to a Brabus E-class to satisfy that tuner itch. Every now and again I pass thru some of the dsm boards to see whats going on.
Later,
Jose aka. ArctiTsi

Haha, Jack...You dug this up?

Jack is still angry at the man but he's alive and better than ever.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back