The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

old schoolers, what ever happened to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think we're all over the change and respect it. This is by far the most sucessful dsm site to ever exsist.

ArcticTsi said:
Good stuff, a little friendly competition always will push you to your best. I see you have been chipping away at your 14b time also. I wont be back in the states until late 2007, so by then you will have eclipsed(no pun intended) my 12.1 time. I know my baby had an 11sec pass in her, I just could never get all the planest aligned for such a pass. But when I get back its on. :thumb:

Jose
ArcticTsi
ArcticBenz(for my Benz friends)
just wait till i get back guys, im saving up the cash for my GVR4 and 240 project at the same time. My 180 willo be transplanted to the 240 and ill be building my dream gvr4 ftw

arctic, i still love yuor car man, where you at in tokyo im in Fussa we should hook up with all the guys from base and do some mountain runs man

i dont know if i classify as an old schooler but here it goes (ive been here a while though)
Im done with DSMs for now, mainly becuase the only one i could find for sale they wanted 10,000 for a 2ga GST on base. i said no, so bought a skyline gts-t for a grand and a 180sx for 3250 with a blacktop. This is my project. I have put around a grand in a month into it suspension and interior wise. i have a silvia parts car im getting tomorrow so that will help further the project along. I bought a bike, a buell lightning last year, and love it.
I got married on august 6th 2005...very happily.
i dont know if i ever told yall that.

But nayways. im in japan, loving every ####ing minute of it, and cant wait to find a GVR4 to snatch up next year hopefully!
but im done with talons and eclipses. i cant fit a kid in the back which will be a big factor by time i get back to the states. I have RAV4 fund for the wife, and my fund for my car. i hope to pay cash for both and be debt free like i almost am now.

yeah my life story LOL

Ludachris said:
Why don't we have all the old-schoolers update us on what's going on in their lives right now? Current car projects, family, work, etc... It would be good to hear from everyone.

Like I said, my exodus from this site was simply because I had moved away from the DSM's and had exhausted my desire to argue tech about a car I no longer owned anyway. To you, Chris, I always respected the way you ran your site here, and I believe it is a success no matter what anyone else says.

As far as my personal life, I was working as a service writer for the world's largest VW dealer, still have the 87 LX Notch and a 96 GT... through some events that I will not bore you all with, I ended up in New Jersey where I am renting a house with Suze; some of you know her here as Dark Phoenix. We plan on staying up here until she finishes her degree at Rutgers University; I'm going to do service writing up here for the time being, and then we're gonna decide where we'll end up after that. Possibly back in FL, and we've also considered NC. Things are great actually, I couldn't be happier. It's kind of exciting to be in a new place, and kinda have to re-learn your surroundings. It's good to see you all here, and I think some updates from everyone would be really cool. Take care, and I'll talk to you all soon.

Regards,

NosLaser said:
Like I said, my exodus from this site was simply because I had moved away from the DSM's and had exhausted my desire to argue tech about a car I no longer owned anyway. To you, Chris, I always respected the way you ran your site here, and I believe it is a success no matter what anyone else says.

As far as my personal life, I was working as a service writer for the world's largest VW dealer, still have the 87 LX Notch and a 96 GT... through some events that I will not bore you all with, I ended up in New Jersey where I am renting a house with Suze; some of you know her here as Dark Phoenix. We plan on staying up here until she finishes her degree at Rutgers University; I'm going to do service writing up here for the time being, and then we're gonna decide where we'll end up after that. Possibly back in FL, and we've also considered NC. Things are great actually, I couldn't be happier. It's kind of exciting to be in a new place, and kinda have to re-learn your surroundings. It's good to see you all here, and I think some updates from everyone would be really cool. Take care, and I'll talk to you all soon.

Regards,

Good to hear from you again. Wish you well... Just stop by here to say whats up more... Haha I know how you feel about the arguements here...

Chris I believe this site is everything that you first said it was going to be. Sure we had some unfortunate times and lost some people. But sometimes its for the best that we move on and we help the community. And the community here has definitely helped me..

-J

I guess I've been on here for quite sometime now also. Damn... I really feel old being 37 years of age now.

Anyways... larryd is the one who referred me to this site back when he got banned from DSMtalk. LOL

I actually still use larryd's old large GReddy fmic that I purchased from him years ago, and it still performs flawlessly.

My old computer layed down on me, so I had to create a different username.

I use to go by SPEEDY on here back in the day when I first registered on 04/07/02

It's good to see some of the old bro's on here again. :thumb:

It is good to see some of the oldies recently. Good to also hear that they seem to be doing well. :)

I guess most of them, including myself, are trying to battle depressions, go through rehab, serving probations and getting over with rocker's lifestyle dilemma.

AW4G63 said:
Chris, I totally agree with why you changed it. There is no decent reason to let people noob bash and be #### offs all day on your dime. Completely understandable. A decent group of the members here moved around to a few sites, now I currently run my own forum. It's nothing fancy.

As far as projects and life, well.....

I work at the same place I always have, 5 years in the hole here. It's going great, I'm managing the parts & service dept and I love it. I just moved into a decent house with a nice garage so I'm now returning to projects that I never had a chance to finish. I sold the dsm and I have a 69 Mustang coupe, 302/C4/ Disc brakes, not bad. Doing a full restore on it. I've also gotten really heavy into bikes. I love them. So reliable, they never break.

There's tons of other stuff but nothing important. I still lurk, I love the site and really just like to see that it's doing so well.
I can't tell you guys how nice it is to be able to talk with some of you again instead of having to send you constant notes asking you not to do all the crap that made moderating so-not-fun :)

What people didn't understand about the changes that took place was that there was something going on back then that produced troll-like attitudes and it was getting out of control. Long-time members who used to contribute started causing trouble and wouldn't stop, even when asked several times. Everyone was taking on the same negative attitude and rules were being broken by almost everyone. The only way to stop it was to put the site on lock down and get very strict. It sucked for all of us. But in the end, it worked out well for the majority, even if we did lose a few good people. We kept working toward our goal and never abandoned our mission statement (which is now posted on our homepage). I wish I had done something to prevent it all before it happened, but you live and you learn. I think that allowing the total freedom back then attributed to many of the problems. Had we taken on the balance we have now, maybe it would have been different. Oh well. All you can do is move forward and learn from the past.

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a '66 Fastback and converting it to a modern drivetrain and suspension. How fun would that be?!?! Not quite ready for a project like that though...

As far as my life goes, we're now settled into the southern Denver area - having moved out from San Jose, CA at the end of last summer. We made it through our first winter without a hitch, though I hear it was unusually mild. We've finished up most of the remodeling around the house. And I just had a bunch of drywall and insulation delivered yesterday that will go up in the garage (hopefully this weekend if I have time). Then I'll do some texturing and some painting and will then, finally, order my Bendpak lift. I can't wait!!!!

The car is coming along quite nicely. I still have a few projects to get done - intake manifold install, TCE big brake install, and then some weight reduction - I want to get a fiberglass hood and hatch (with lexan maybe?), along with an aluminum driveshaft. At some point I'll probably put in a roll cage. The car is being driven less and less on the street. I'll be doing a track day tomorrow and a few more this summer, with the goal being that I might be able to compete in NASA Time Trials next season. We'll see how that goes.

My wife and I are making plans to have our first child some time next year. We hope it all goes as planned without the biological difficulties that can emerge after the age of 30. As much as I'm excited, I'm also quite scared. Being a father is something that I've never considered myself ready for, though who ever does?

NosLaser said:
To you, Chris, I always respected the way you ran your site here, and I believe it is a success no matter what anyone else says.
Thanks Aslan. I means a lot to hear that from an old-schooler. You guys always knew what I was trying to accomplish and how I wanted to accomplish it, and to hear praise like this makes it all worth the effort. It tells me we've done things right.

Ludachris said:
We kept working toward our goal and never abandoned our mission statement (which is now posted on our homepage).

+1 For that being a great Idea, And I like the box above every reply showing the 6 tips on posting, It kinda Makes it "idiot proof" as I like to say ROFL

I didint know you moved, thats quit the big jump from going to CA to CO, Isint it alot colder there? WTF And As far as your car, Sounds like a good project, Do you even have that Many racetracks from where you live now? Or are you going to have to buy a Trailor and Truck? :thumb:

Good luck with that family and having a newborn too Chris, That is probobly THE biggest Dicision of your life, I personally think Creating Life is alot bigger dicision than getting married, Keep us up to date though, and good luck.

The average temps in the winter is about 10-20 degrees colder, but it's not a huge difference overall. And there are a couple road courses out here within 2 hours or so. The drag strip is 15 minutes away :) There's a brand new state-of-the-art road course in Salt Lake City. I'll be trailering my car up there next year for sure. There should be another road course being built in the next year or so out here - 30-45 minutes away. Can't wait!

How about that guy SOURCE1064 I think his name was?

Did his car ever get finished?

Ludachris said:
I've been toying with the idea of picking up a '66 Fastback and converting it to a modern drivetrain and suspension. How fun would that be?!?! Not quite ready for a project like that though...

Nice, A fella on stangnet was working on a cobra chassis and mounting a 65 body to it. It looked funny but I haven't seen it since the first fitment. If done right it would be a beauty.

Ludachris said:
And I just had a bunch of drywall and insulation delivered yesterday that will go up in the garage (hopefully this weekend if I have time). Then I'll do some texturing and some painting and will then, finally, order my Bendpak lift. I can't wait!!!!

Before you go texturing walls in your garage think about some of the maintence issues and situations that will surroud texturing. For one, if you're washing something and water hits it, it can easily discolor the white stucko. Also mounting of shelves and just general cleaning of the walls. For some reason you can't keep stuckoed walls clean. :(

If I ever rewalled my garage, I'd use that white plastic sheeting that line the kitchens of fastfood joints, carwashes,etc... Just food for thought.

Airpoppoff said:
Charlie's? Yeah right, That car will never be done :tease:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I remember that OC meet like 3-4 years ago, and that car was still torn apart. I remember how bad I wanted to see that thing on the road :cry:

I saw his site not too long ago, and either it's still in pieces ROFL, or he just hasn't updated anything.

AW4G63 said:
And your car's badass! :thumb:
thanks...but are you being sarcastic? LOL
actually my car is manng the jack stands again

and all in all....i love this site and will never leave.
you all have put up withj me this long anyways

DSM_Obsession said:
thanks...but are you being sarcastic? LOL
actually my car is manng the jack stands again

and all in all....i love this site and will never leave.
you all have put up withj me this long anyways

I didn't know it was down. You never talk about it on my site. Post a post about it over at TPD. Get us upto date.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back