The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

old schoolers, what ever happened to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I switched over to DMSLife a while back, then I went to Tom's board, but then I lost the addy for it so I'm back over here looking for stuff to do, and know-how for my new talon.

Life was the riot that got banned from here, until it went the way of the soviet union.

NDgsx said:
It's funny that people feel "old" because of this. Old is remembering reading the talon digest everyday.
Old is remembering the first day talk went online, then when Chris started tuners.
You're not old, don't worry about it.

Not that anyone cares but I parted out the eclipse and bought and Evo. I highly recomend it as the next mod to your Dsm also.
Hey Nick, some of us are sorry to hear about the Talon being parted out. Glad to see you still come and visit.

Ludachris said:
Hey Nick, some of us are sorry to hear about the Talon being parted out. Glad to see you still come and visit.

It's an Eclipse. :shhh:

jp171 said:
...like Stalin.

During the long, bloody summer of 2003, when our supreme leader decreed a moratorium on fun in the hangout, a mass exodus of old-school Tuners refugees fled to DSMLife.com, where Tom (AW4G63) and Ryan (98silverGS) moderated the board poorly. The owner there gave control to aovsi afterwards, and he went all Pol Pot on us and we fled to a free board run by Tom. Due to real or imagined threats of hacking from aovsi and a couple others, Tom not only screens registration but threatens to ban us if we give out the address.

The group who originally fled to Life was:

Tom (AW4G63)
Ryan (98silverGS)
Jack (jp171)
Jamie (thehyena)
Alan (Mizundastood)
Jennie (SexxieRacerChic)
Suze (Dark Phoenix)
Rich (Bruiser)
Dan (Half-cocked)
Cucumber (Cucumber)
Jason (Knoob)
Sarah (Fastchik)
Chris (Luv2eclipse)
Josh (JustPassedU)
Kris (LandoAWD)
John (L2RTSiAWD)
John (98redGS)
Ray (DSMED)
and a few others I can't remember.

As it presently sits, the new site that Tom irrationally guards only has a few of the above left:

Tom, Ryan, Jack (me), Dan, Kris, John, John, and a few of the others I can't remeber offhand.

As far as JDMAWD, he's at DSMetc.com now. Enter at your own risk, as that site's filled with NWS stuff without warning, racism, and a general atmosphere of hostile chaos.

cant forget about me!

And me, That is just one of countless lists from here and dsmlife that jack, tom, lando......have left me off of.

I have not been here in a while myself, the Talon is back in storage again, It has been for nearly two years now. But should not be as long as the first time I put it in storage(8 years). Plus been working on a new project I will be bringing back to United States to race on the import scene. It has been coming along slowly but surely, sneak peak for my old timers.

Attachments

• burnout8.JPG
    burnout8.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 187
ECLIPSE4x4 said:
Is that a gloria or a Benz?

Its a Brabus 3.6 (tuned Benz), by the time I leave here I should have it to the point where I'll start campaingning it on the import scene. Just wanted to bring something different and mix things up a little.

ArcticTsi said:
Its a Brabus 3.6 (tuned Benz), by the time I leave here I should have it to the point where I'll start campaingning it on the import scene. Just wanted to bring something different and mix things up a little.

dude its been a while since ive seen u on...uve got one of the sexiest 1g's

Jesse

ArcticTsi said:
I have not been here in a while myself, the Talon is back in storage again, It has been for nearly two years now. But should not be as long as the first time I put it in storage(8 years)..
Just sell it to me Artic...that car is way to sexy to be in storage..I swear I will provide it with a good home :thumb:

just out of curiosity (o yea, im old like you guys too.... being 17 and all) can I see the sexiest 1g of all time? and with 10 years of storage, that puts it at 6 years of driving it max, the mileage on that car must be insanely low, (though nothing like the dodge stealth r/t tt's kc classic's finds) Ive never seen an awd dsm with less than 45k about. does this 1g go into the 30k range?

harryb said:
It's an Eclipse. :shhh:

all eclipses are just rebadged talons, everyone knows that. if you look under the hood of an eclipse, you see eagle in big letters, right on the valve cover, so technically its a talon.:talon:

(and yes that was sarcastic, and no i dont expect many of you to find it funny)

tstkl said:
just out of curiosity (o yea, im old like you guys too.... being 17 and all) can I see the sexiest 1g of all time? and with 10 years of storage, that puts it at 6 years of driving it max, the mileage on that car must be insanely low, (though nothing like the dodge stealth r/t tt's kc classic's finds) Ive never seen an awd dsm with less than 45k about. does this 1g go into the 30k range?

I bought my 91 GSX 3 years ago with 44k Original Miles.

tstkl said:
just out of curiosity (o yea, im old like you guys too.... being 17 and all) can I see the sexiest 1g of all time?

sure, here is a larger pic of my sig pic. Thanks for all the compliments guys. The Talon will always hold a special place with me. It is not getting retired, I may still take some stabs at the 14b record when I get back to the states.

I never really kept track of the mileage that much, but the time I took it out of storage after 8years I think it was at 40k. I have to guess that it is at 70k now. The mileage is there because I was driving it to events, meets, tracks, shows almost every weekend. So she is definetely a workhorse, never trailered.

Keep up the great work guys and Chris, the site looks a great as ever.

Jose

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think this site has gone a little soft, but I started my forum history here, so there will always be a special place in my heart for tuners.

Ludachris said:
"Ass" is nudity my friend - I was being sarcastic. No Thong Thursdays guys, sorry.

I'm suprised that no one has tried to challenge the shift thread locking hand of the almighty Moderaters haha. JK

Wanna make yourself feel old go into the search part and find your first couple of posts....Augh Vented BOVs and Targa Tops What was I thinking? Oh well I've keep it a rule that I'll only have one peice of "rice" on my car at a given time. When she's done with the rebuild I'm putting the neons underneth the dash. Just dont hope I dont blow the welds on my intake and make the mad scientist have to take apart the block.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back