The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They must have hired a good safety guy LOL. Here's a few things I have put away in my collection.
Was this the job you got? Some really awesome DSM factory goods you got there!

The X2S unveiling, circa 1987
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It was chatting with Phil back in the day that got me to start this thread. He has some great DSM stuff peppered throughout this post.
I saw some replies from him in this thread back in 2015 but nothing since. I reached out to him on FB. We'll see if he logs in and posts.

Another one for the thread.

The X2S at the 88' Chicago auto Show. The one leaning on the car is Gov. Thompson. Whom brought DSM to Normal, Illinois.

I always finding myself looking at the subtle differences of this prototype and the production product.

1. Stance, significantly lower than our standard cars.
2. Tires, 225/50/16
3. Hood & Grill is one piece
4. Lower side skirts molded into the body
5. Front bumper is totally different especially with the deep front air dam

Anybody knows somebody who knows somebody who talk with anybody who watch the X2S proto IRL in the last 20 years? :) :D :D

I bought these a decade ago at a random trade show for $20. Google tells me it's a 1990 Eagle Optima concept. Lot's of DSM flavor here, especially the 2ga headlights and Eclipse taillight side design.

I would have guessed they were a bit newer than that. To me they look like that was the beginning stages of the design for the Dodge Stratus.

I would have guessed they were a bit newer than that. To me they look like that was the beginning stages of the design for the Dodge Stratus.
Yeah concept cars do be like that. It always made me think of the 98+ Intrepid, but there's cues to go to many vehicles.

Here's a pin I bought a few years back. I tracked down the company that made it and emailed them. They said it was a promotional for Dodge and was the actual car - not just a piece of art. Aside of 'good find' they had nothing more to really add.
We all know it's an Archer car.

Here's a pin I bought a few years back. I tracked down the company that made it and emailed them. They said it was a promotional for Dodge and was the actual car - not just a piece of art. Aside of 'good find' they had nothing more to really add.
We all know it's an Archer car.

Really cool! Surprised how much details and how they got nearly all the sponsors on a pin.

@Ludachris Hard to believe this was us in the dial-up days.
The good old days. I remember having to code that homepage. And building out that Parts Catalog, which was usually obsolete before I finished saving edits. Was fun though.

A little contribution for this week. Don't think I ever shared these photos before. As most OGs know I bought my Talon new. Then shortly there after Uncle Sam sent me to Japan for an 8 year tour of duty. Put the Talon in storage for those 8 years and these were the photos of me getting it out of storage around 1999 ~ 2000. Then immediately swapped the wheels with some I brought from Japan and towed it for its first wash.

A little contribution for this week. Don't think I ever shared these photos before. As most OGs know I bought my Talon new. Then shortly there after Uncle Sam sent me to Japan for an 8 year tour of duty. Put the Talon in storage for those 8 years and these were the photos of me getting it out of storage around 1999 ~ 2000. Then immediately swapped the wheels with some I brought from Japan and towed it for its first wash.

What car, if any did you have while you were in Japan?

Last edited:

Awesome pics of the talon Arctic, I remember back in the day, you had a blog or website with this car also.

What car, if any did you have while you were in Japan?
Had a few over the many tours I served in Japan. Here are couple of my favorites that I picked up when they debuted in Japan and modified. A supercharged converted to turbocharged Toyota Estima (Previa in America) and a Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS400). Few pics, you'll have to forgive the quality. My digital cameral back then was a megapixel or less, LOL.

Had a few over the many tours I served in Japan. Here are couple of my favorites that I picked up when they debuted in Japan and modified. A supercharged converted to turbocharged Toyota Estima (Previa in America) and a Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS400). Few pics, you'll have to forgive the quality. My digital cameral back then was a megapixel or less, LOL.

I see where the wheels came from.

Pimped out party wagon! :D

I see where the wheels came from.
Yes Sir! The Talons wheels came of my old van.
Pimped out party wagon! :D
I modded to interior to accommodate the party, LOL. Actually for my kids and for all the travel we did in Japan. In addition to all the engine, suspension work, the interior was a lot of fun too. Removed the center captains chairs, PS One (remember this is the mid 90s LOL), 14" Sharp LCD flat screen (one of the first consumers models), Epson Navigation/TV Tuner w/monitor, Carrozzeria multi-media head unit, VCR (yes a VCR so my kids could watch Lion King, LOL) and a slew off Rockford Fosgate components. Loved that van.

What bases were you stationed on? I spent many years on Yokota AFB, but have been to pretty much every base in/around Tokyo at least once.

The Nippon pics bring back memories. Ahhhh base housing. Was at Misawa for 8 years. Owned a Skyline GTS-4, Delica diesel van, RVR, Master Ace, and a Soarer. Couple of friends of mine ended up marrying Japanese nationals and stayed in country. One opened up a shop off base - used to race a Honda but got into rotaries; loves RX-7s. The other was mad about Mitsus. He and I tried to kill a Subi boxer engine (junked car) when we worked at the auto hobby shop. We drained the oil and then ran it at high rpm. Kept running fine. Then we threw all kinds of crap down the intake. That boxer ingested it (sand, dirt, pebbles, broken glass), chugged, then spit it out the exhaust and returned to high rpm. Back pressure eventually blew the cat guts out. Sounded like a shotgun blast with bits of shrapnel ricocheting off the bay doors behind us... but that engine kept running. We finally had to shut it off because the exhaust was glowing red and a fuel line was too close for comfort. Came out an hour later - engine seized. To say I was impressed with that engine would be an understatement.

What bases were you stationed on? I spent many years on Yokota AFB, but have been to pretty much every base in/around Tokyo at least once.
My home station was Yokota, but supported Yokosuka, Atsugi, Kamiseya, Camp Zama, and Camp Fuji. So made those rounds frequently.
The Nippon pics bring back memories. Ahhhh base housing. Was at Misawa for 8 years. Owned a Skyline GTS-4, Delica diesel van, RVR, Master Ace, and a Soarer. Couple of friends of mine ended up marrying Japanese nationals and stayed in country. One opened up a shop off base - used to race a Honda but got into rotaries; loves RX-7s. The other was mad about Mitsus. He and I tried to kill a Subi boxer engine (junked car) when we worked at the auto hobby shop. We drained the oil and then ran it at high rpm. Kept running fine. Then we threw all kinds of crap down the intake. That boxer ingested it (sand, dirt, pebbles, broken glass), chugged, then spit it out the exhaust and returned to high rpm. Back pressure eventually blew the cat guts out. Sounded like a shotgun blast with bits of shrapnel ricocheting off the bay doors behind us... but that engine kept running. We finally had to shut it off because the exhaust was glowing red and a fuel line was too close for comfort. Came out an hour later - engine seized. To say I was impressed with that engine would be an understatement.
Oh man, sounds like fun. Could go in for days about all the car stuff and Auto Hobby shop days. I lived at the Yokota one for nearly all the 90s. Still close with all those guys.

Sorry I digressed up above, so to get back in track. Todays addition. The Laser debut, with lasers of course, Gotta love the 80s.

$2000 dealer equipment add on?

Wasn't there a thread about 15 years ago about a rare factory body kit that was for the 90-91 Laser?

These are the ones I'm thinking of.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back