The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A work colleague actually has a micro-machine sized 1GA ripoff from the UK/USSR area.. I'll have to see if I can get him to bring it in and snap a pic.

Would love to see it, I heard there was one, saw a picture of it way way back but never found one myself. Would be the world's tiniest 1g :p

Was pretty torn so I had to upgrade it a little. Definitely the only one of its kind now :D
Awesome work!

I'm glad to see this thread back alive! How are things with you since you moved Jose?
Nate, Things are going good. Just has been non stop and travelling a lot. But get to go to Japan alot still, which is most important for my family. Recently found some old stuff for the thread.
What in the world is that LOL

Mitsubishi HSR

This was the test bed for the 4G63 that made it into the Galant VR-4, Talon, Eclipse, Laser.
Also was the test bed for the following
*4G63T 2.0 DOHC (295ps @ 8,000rpm)
*4WS System (4-Wheel Steering)
*4IS (4-Wheel Independent Suspension)
*4WD (4-Wheel Drive Full Time Sport System)
*4ABS (4-Wheel Anti-lock Brake System)
*Active ECS (Electronic Control Suspension)
(NOTE) collaborating with Yokohama Tire due to current tire speed limitations, AVS was developed.
*Yokohama AVS (Advanced Vehicle System)
*Yokohama AVS High Performance wheel
*Yokohama AVS High Performance tire

Just to name a few, LOL. Thats why the HSR is my favorite piece of the 4G63/DSM history.

Last edited:
Here is a photo showing our 4G63 and the unmistakable 4G63 bulge in the hood. Except this hood is a Kevlar and Polycarbonate composite. You can see the extreme angle in which it was mounted. The cars overall drag coef. was 0.20. All this was completed in the mid 80's.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Was it same 4G63 as in 'newer' cars or was it changed as mounting changed? Then again as long as the oil pickup is functioning properly everything should be ok since all moving components are pressure fed with oil

Was it same 4G63 as in 'newer' cars or was it changed as mounting changed? Then again as long as the oil pickup is functioning properly everything should be ok since all moving components are pressure fed with oil
These two particular 4G63T engines employed larger Turbos, Experimental Connecting Rods, Hollow Exhaust Valves and a slew of other things, but were the base Cyclone.

The press release

Last edited:
Another entry for the thread. This the the 4G63T in the 1.6 liter variant 145 HP

as installed in the Mirage Cyborg, a scan from an old magazine 87' or 88'.

and a vid of the same car on you tube.

Last edited:
Very cool! I've never seen this car before. Do you know when Ralliart first started using this livery? I know they kept using on the Evo's and everything else until at least 1998 when the changed it with the Evo V.

Would love to see it, I heard there was one, saw a picture of it way way back but never found one myself. Would be the world's tiniest 1g :p

Attachments

• IMG_20150324_122115.jpg
    IMG_20150324_122115.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20150324_122031.jpg
    IMG_20150324_122031.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20150324_122025.jpg
    IMG_20150324_122025.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 54
Just found this in an old box, 2G Vert Concept, looks like they raided the Mitsu Parts Bin to create.

Have not had a chance to get on here for a while. Figured I post something to the thread. Since a lot of folks like the Lubrolene Cup cars, here is another article.

Have not had a chance to get on here for a while. Figured I post something to the thread. Since a lot of folks like the Lubrolene Cup cars, here is another article.

Awesome.....Found out Dave Wolin Racing prepped all these cars...

Just got this in the mail:

Another piece for the thread from the Macau cars:

After Yokosima won the Lubrolene Cup at the Macau Grand Prix, Lubrolene used his likeness and car in their advertising campaign. Prior to this race Yokosima had won the pole in the Japanese Touring Car Championship. So he was on a hot streak.

Just got this in the mail:

That is a great article. the X2S was making its rounds through the magazines to help promote awareness of the upcoming vehicle launch.

Related to the X2S, here is the official office press release for the X2S debut.

Attachments

• PlymouthX2Spressrelease.pdf
    401 KB · Views: 96
Another Chrysler internal publication with a small mention of the plymouth X2S

Couple more vintage photographs for the thread

Keep going Jose! I can just imagine that trailer full of 1g's going past me on the highway, come to think of it they probably did! I was only 3 years old or so.

Now you are making me feel old, LoL

Running QC on rear bumpers, using a translator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back