The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I also always wondered if some of the cars that made it over to Wolin's camp were also Macau cars. Seeing how he was in bed with Ralliart at the time.

I need a VHS to MPEG solution. I have old Option,Best Motoring and other tapes I need to capture for the thread.

That's possible as Wolin was with Mitsu some years before the DSMs arrived. His International Sedan cars were very modified, so if anything, maybe for Firestone Firehawk as they were pretty much "showroom stock."

Yes, I need to buy a VHS to DVD converter. I have a rare Paul Rossi VHS tape that features his Firestone Firehawk Talons...

All great stuff! The Macau Eclipse stuff really is killer.

A Wolin 1Gb competing in the Iron Shoe Triathlon. A Challenge designed for a well rounded car which included Drag, Oval and Circuit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is an internal Executive Memo from Feb 1989.

I did not know there was a even Geo Motorsports division. The Geo Storm was created as their flagship sports car to go head to head with the Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Attachments

• Geo.jpg
    Geo.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 88
They were. Isuzu's version was the 2nd generation Impulse. They were twins with different body styling.

I remember the Impulse, it was the one that had the Lotus suspension.

Here is another contribution. 1989 Mitsubishi Eclipse Accessory catalog. They do mention that there is an available "versatile roof rack", but it is not pictured.

I'll take the floor mats and mud guards.

I like the Triple Diamond Security System that enhanced the factory alarm. Plus the way it contours to the bottom of the 1G dash.

Isuzu and GM where in bed with each other since they 70's. Due to import restrictions these relationships were key to getting Japanese cars/technology to the states. Much like the Mitsu/Chrysler deal.

Todays contribution. I know we have some Laser die-hards out there.
1990 Plymouth Laser - Cool to see a "genuine" zero'd speedo & trip.

Last edited:
This is an internal Executive Memo from Feb 1989.

I did not know there was a even Geo Motorsports division. The Geo Storm was created as their flagship sports car to go head to head with the Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I had a guy with a mullet tell me his GEO STORM was made to combat the SUPRA.

I don't see it LOL LOL LOL

If you can find a 2 dr SC lumina or GTP of that era. I would love one. The berettas are OK and more than enough to take a N/T just on displacement LOL.

Todays contribution-
A scan from a Smoking Campaign Sweepstakes. One of the prizes was an Eagle Talon TSI AWD or $20,000 cash.

Whats cool was there was no purchase necessary to enter but you got a free lighter for entering. One of the free lighters available had a Talon on it. Those lighters have to be fairly rare.

Have not got a chance to get on here in some time. While going through some boxes I found some old VHS tapes. Forgive the quality. Just plugged up S-VHS to the TV and just recorded with my camera.

Have not got a chance to get on here in some time. While going through some boxes I found some old VHS tapes. Forgive the quality. Just plugged up S-VHS to the TV and just recorded with my camera.
Been a long time Jose. Great vid!

Also, Jose, I found out that Dave Wolin actually built all of those cars for Macau. They originated right here in the U.S. Then several of them came back to the U.S. and were used by the Jim Russell Racing school at Laguna Seca. I also heard that when the track changed hands years ago, those very Eclipses were sold for $2,000 each.

Speaking of, do you have any more pics of the Eclipses in Macau? I posted the pic you posted a while back on my fb page and many were interested to know more.

Phil

Also, Jose, I found out that Dave Wolin actually built all of those cars for Macau. They originated right here in the U.S. Then several of them came back to the U.S. and were used by the Jim Russell Racing school at Laguna Seca. I also heard that when the track changed hands years ago, those very Eclipses were sold for $2,000 each.

Speaking of, do you have any more pics of the Eclipses in Macau? I posted the pic you posted a while back on my fb page and many were interested to know more.

Phil
That is kind of what I was speculating in post #400. I always thought there was a connection there. Wolin was Corporate sponsored by Mitsu/RalliArt at the time. ONly made sense that they would have had a hand in it. On page 16 I can scanned most of what I had on the Macau cars. I do believ I have a tape of the race or at least highlites. I'll get the tapes digitized and upload to my YouTube account.

I had a guy with a mullet tell me his GEO STORM was made to combat the SUPRA.

I don't see it LOL LOL LOL

If you can find a 2 dr SC lumina or GTP of that era. I would love one. The berettas are OK and more than enough to take a N/T just on displacement LOL.
LOL the guy is full of it! The supra was made to compete with the corvette, other then the price the supra line up gave the corvette's a run for they're money.

Been a long time Jose. Great vid!

Phil-

I found a folder of some 4G63 items that I had thought I lost. I will get them scanned. Here are a couple for now.

Debut of the Cyclone 2.0 T 4G63, 87'(print date)
88' Cyclone model line up

nice to see all the cyclone models officially listed in one spot with specs
*I left all scans in their native resolution.

couple little teasers of the other 4G63/DSM related goodness, This being my favorite topic hands down.

Early 1/64 toy without any show of brand/model (Mitsubishi Eclipse). One of the first ones made (other than the dealership model 1/16 scale), most likely without consent of Mitsubishi Motors :p as no mention of it is made anywhere, nor a permission to use the style.

Was pretty torn so I had to upgrade it a little. Definitely the only one of its kind now :D

To:

Early 1/64 toy without any show of brand/model (Mitsubishi Eclipse). One of the first ones made (other than the dealership model 1/16 scale), most likely without consent of Mitsubishi Motors :p as no mention of it is made anywhere, nor a permission to use the style.

Was pretty torn so I had to upgrade it a little. Definitely the only one of its kind now :D

To:

I want one!!

A work colleague actually has a micro-machine sized 1GA ripoff from the UK/USSR area.. I'll have to see if I can get him to bring it in and snap a pic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back