The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Old School DSM & 4G63 goodness-Ads, Commercials, Tuning etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No clue, still trying to figure that out. My best guess is they were made by a designer. The guy I bought them from was also selling other VERY specific wooden/plastic/resin models of only American cars (only had them in unique models, no more than one of each, and they went quick for high prices: Dodge caravans, Chevrolet, GM etc). They also have two holes at the bottom to strap them in something as well as the model/year in black marker.

Small size model for aerodynamic analysis? Model for the designers or corporate guys? Your guess is as good as mine.

PS: the wheels on the 1g were added by me just to make it sit pretty in its display case, didn't come with those. Although it did have a track for an axle for wheels, so at some point it had some. It's also all wood (seems like a light wood like Balsa wood which is painted, definitely lighter than the 2g model of the same scale)

Pretty awesome. So the 1g car came with stock wheels? Either way those are supercool. I'd like to see the moderators make this thread a sticky. If we keep up the action here it won't get buried.

This stuff has totally blown my mind, I have no idea how I missed out on this thread for nearly 3 years! Thanks Phil for turning me on to it. Finally scrolled through the whole thing but I'll be going back so I can actually read the articles. There are a few must-have items in here that I'll be searching for as well.

So the 1g car came with stock wheels?

The 1g actually came with no wheels at all (a lot of the older models he was selling didn't have wheels). It's not painted on the bottom. It definitely had some at some point as I said the wheel wells fit them perfectly and there were slits in the model already made to fit the axle.

That's my main reasoning for the aerodynamic analysis as the top is the most important for drag coefficient calculations. You'll also notice that the detailing on the rear hatch, the glass markings aren't there on the 1g, both cars (2g and 1g) don't have an exhaust. All those things aren't as important as the front features for an analysis which are there on both cars.

This is all speculation though. Would love to have someone from the factory/design team/testers to chyme in, but my hopes are low on getting a for sure answer.

Meh, the 2g stuff is not that impressive. The 1g on the other hand.

No arguing in this thread please, it's informational. Not one more than the other, it puts out things people may not have known existed. Anything that works with the title of the thread works here. I'm more than happy seeing all the things in this thread so don't start putting down people as this will deter others from potentially putting up something no one has seen, ever.

For example, a 2g Eagle Talon model (2gb would be awesome). It's a 2g yet I haven't found a single trace of one and thus would be rare and incredible to see here.

The 1g actually came with no wheels at all (a lot of the older models he was selling didn't have wheels). It's not painted on the bottom. It definitely had some at some point as I said the wheel wells fit them perfectly and there were slits in the model already made to fit the axle.

That's my main reasoning for the aerodynamic analysis as the top is the most important for drag coefficient calculations. You'll also notice that the detailing on the rear hatch, the glass markings aren't there on the 1g, both cars (2g and 1g) don't have an exhaust. All those things aren't as important as the front features for an analysis which are there on both cars.

This is all speculation though. Would love to have someone from the factory/design team/testers to chyme in, but my hopes are low on getting a for sure answer.

Hey, you never know. What we do know, is that they are rare! Maybe more info will turn up. Thanks for sharing!

I have some original dealership sales guides.

Very cool. I like the dealer only stuff...

Some random Eagle items today, last pic is NOS Eagle Emblem for 2GB Talon:

Attachments

• eaglepinr.jpg
    eaglepinr.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 61
  • eaglepenr.jpg
    eaglepenr.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 70
  • eaglegballr.jpg
    eaglegballr.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 65
  • eagleplater.jpg
    eagleplater.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 61
  • eagle2gr.jpg
    eagle2gr.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 74
How about a book!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Phil as always great stuff. Have not been on here in about 6 months. Have relocated since retiring from the military, but will put up some stuff as I get them unboxed.

This entry is more 4G63 than DSM. with the success of the mirage around the world, mitsubishi thought that it could capitalize on its success and have a Formula Mirage Series and invite international competitors. The engine of choice was the 4G63 no less. Few photos and ads of the 4G63 powered Formula Mirage cars and some jeep/eagle dealer emblems

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_Mirage[/ame]

Attachments

• 20120719021950fc9.jpg
    20120719021950fc9.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20120719021950ba9.jpg
    20120719021950ba9.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 107
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 111
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 114
  • finishlineacc-img600x450-1394847063l2dj657238.jpg
    finishlineacc-img600x450-1394847063l2dj657238.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC03557_zpsfd225062.jpg
    DSC03557_zpsfd225062.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 100
  • finishlineacc-img600x450-1395290272bnjd0c12912.jpg
    finishlineacc-img600x450-1395290272bnjd0c12912.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 226
Wow! Those cars are sweet! I wonder how much power they made.

But governed at what? It looks like they are n/a.

But governed at what? It looks like they are n/a.

Okay, just looked it up. They used the Galant AMG N/A 4G63 2liter (1997 CC) engine. Which was limited to 150 horsepower at 6500 RPM. attached is the article.

Attachments

• p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 72
Cool! 150 hp would still be fun in that little package.

(I can't exactly read the article LOL)

Looking back on the 1G used, but still fairly new.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mirrored image which flipped the side the bump on the hood is on :sneaky: That just looks.. wierd ..like that. I would have figured the article author would have been more aware of that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back