The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Old Red (Temporary name till she gets redone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPDATE: When the weather get consistently warm out my dad and I are taking the Eclipse out of the garage and were going to fix the oil leak by taking the engine out and replacing the oil pan gasket along with that im gonna have my friend Paul whos a couple years younger than me but an aspiring car enthusiast and hes going to help us out and help me clean the car and wash it! Super excited Ill take many photos for you all to see the progress!

Last edited:
Some more photos I took yesterday:
Peep my moms 73' Beetle on the last photo in the backround :sneaky:

Attachments

• IMG_6355.jpg
    IMG_6355.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6356.jpg
    IMG_6356.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6357.jpg
    IMG_6357.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6358.jpg
    IMG_6358.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6360.jpg
    IMG_6360.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6361.jpg
    IMG_6361.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6363.jpg
    IMG_6363.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6359.jpg
    IMG_6359.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6360.jpg
    IMG_6360.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6364.jpg
    IMG_6364.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6365.jpg
    IMG_6365.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 33
To the car out of the garage on friday and washed it! It was so great to do after it collecting dust for 2 years since it was drove and even then it wasnt driven often. I clean the front seat and dash board but I still have to clean the back seats and I have to do the trunk as well. I got lots of pictures but I am on my school laptop posting this right now so I will post them later. :p It was the best feeling to be able to work on it! We have a new airbox for it that we will put in when we take out the motor. The first thing that I will be doing when I buy the eclipse is replace the windshield because it is cracked all the way across the bottom so I refuse to daily with that windshield. I have found that windshield typically cost 200$-250$ on average but I am trying to find better deals on one if anyone has any I am looking. We are also going to upgrade the fuel pump from stock to a walbro 255 Lph fuel pump so we can put on the 800cc injectors! On my last note of the update, the stickers on the gsx are aged and need to be replaced so I am looking for those too! Thanks for the help and support everyone!

For the driver side door handle, if you want OEM, the red ones are discontinued but you can still get a black one from Extreme PSI, STM Tuned or a dealership.

OEM decals are harder to find, but I have found a few. They occasionally turn up on eBay. Replicas are easier to find. I bought a replica from the Classifieds a while back, and they turn up on eBay too.

There were two OEM colors that I know of for the 2g hatch decals: "Gray" and "Silver." I believe "Silver" was the darker one. My car used gray, but "your mileage may vary" as they say. A dealership should be able to identify the color for you from your VIN. 👍

Gray "Mitsubishi" decal: MR716496
Gray "GSX" decal: MR716504

Silver "Mitsubishi": MR716497
Silver "GSX": MR716505

Good luck!

Last edited:
We bought a light defogger kit from O reillys and it worked like a charm! We bought new side view mirrors because they are cracked and scratched up and we also bought new handles for both sides that are made of a stronger material. We also came across someone selling aluminum dsm handles that looked nice but he was selling them for 160$!! So that was a no go and we bought a new switch for the radio volume because it was worn out and wouldnt work right and we bought a new tailight middle reflector (not quite sure what you would call it Ill include a picture) Its got the ECLIPSE letters on it and its very clean compared to our old on I am going to put it on when I get the paint job which wont be for a while but I can wait!

I am excited to learn more about engines I have been learning tons lately and I cant wait to take out the motor and clean it up and I plan on painting it! We are also looking for a new valve cover because ours has some stripped bolts we have found some but we arent buying any yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back