The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Old man, new user

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Joey

Probationary Member
Jun 21, 2021
Maine
Hey everyone! If 42 is old, I guess I am, haha. Been turning wrenches on vehicles for 30 years now, all Ford powered V8 (with the exception of one Ford 4cyl turbo), but now I'm starting to dig into the DSM stuff with my son. He just graduated from high school on the 11th and I bought him a barn find '98 GSX for a gift. The car was owned by a mother/daughter duo that really took great care of the car. The interior looks brand new. The exterior is amazing. It came with the original manual and other contents, such as the warranty paperwork and even the original window sticker. ($28k back in '98?! damn! LOL) Leather interior, power seats/windows/mirrors/sunroof/etc. The headlights don't even have that dull and faded look...crystal clear. It also came with a carbon fiber factory option (was it a factory option?), $595 written on paperwork from the dealer for carbon fiber around the door handles, center vents and the heater controls.

I'll be lingering a lot, researching my face off and digging deep as I usually do...but I may not post often. I'll try to get my son to register here so he can post pics, updates, and do some research himself! Anyway; check this beauty out! I figured if anyone can appreciate it, it would be the people of this forum!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow, this car is in fantastic shape! Don't ruin it with cheap/improper mods. There is a TON of information on this forum - if you spend the time researching you will definitely get pointed in the right direction. I would highly recommend doing the maintenance portions first. Fluid changes, timing belt etc. I would also recommend making a build thread for this car, I would be interested to see how it turns out. Best of luck, and Welcome!

Welcome to the site Big Joey... at 42 your still a young man.. At 69 years old my friends tell me the same thing and they are in their 80s ... LOL That is a real nice car you found for your son. I assume you will be working on it together which is also real cool.. And you even completed your profile so we know who you are and what vehicles we are talking about.. Glad to have you aboard.....

Welcome @Big Joey, your still a young man. That other dude is old as dirt.
(Love you Larry) ROFL
Glad you found this site and man what a nice car. Thanks for doing a profile and keep up the work the ladies did, they did fantastic!
Marty (57) ;)

Wait, you guys still have HAIR???

People keep asking me if i dye my hair because at 69 I have no grey hair.. I need to change the saying " There snow on the roof but a fire in the furnace".. Too
" The shingles are there but some one turned out the pilot light "

I am jealous...….I have to wear a hat to keep from getting sunburned when I mow the lawn. I usually choose the DSM ball cap! :dsm:

The best thing here is the father son quality time and passing on of knowledge. Who knows, the conversation might blend in relationships, politics, money management, ... along with car stuff. As for being old, enjoy being 42. You will never be that young again. I'll admit to being older than Marty by a handful, and while I won't win any races, I'm still good enough to teach moguls, make 1st chair on a powder day, and ski 100 days a year. What else to do when the Eclipse is stored for the winter?

That's May 24th, I've skied as late as June 14, but you have to hike for it that late.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back