The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Old FP Green, Restrictor .075?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattasi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
I have searched and searched and read as I always do, but I want to run this by you guys to see what you think.

Ok, no balance shafts, no oil squirters, unported OFH, 1600 miles on a newly rebuild old school FP green, I am feeding the oil from the OHF. Currently no restrictor, and I see oil pressure up to 97psi on my colbalt oil pressure guage, at 8kprm when fully warm. I have taken the intake off the car several times in the last 1600 miles and have always noticed a very small amount of oil just on the lip of the turbo. I would say literaly about 2 drops of oil on the flange of the turbo. I have noticed no smoke at all, and I have looked for smoke when going WOT, but nothing, so not much oil at all is getting pushed past the seals.

I am going to buy the Ball Bearing FP turbo filter directly from FP, and have the machine shop at work mill the hole size on the filter to .075" I DON'T WANT TO OVER RESTRICT the oil flow so just checking what you all think. Here is a link to the one I will buy.
Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP -4 AN Inline Filter

Thanks,
Matt

Buy the black FP filter, drill the orifice with a 5/64" bit, and install it on the car. It's not rocket science. LOL

FP sells one of these filters already drilled to .070" for use on Evos, perhaps if you asked they'll sell you one separately.

http://www.evomoto.com/product.php?productid=1086

I know drilling the thing out isn't rocket science, but I don't mind bothering the machine shop with it LOL.

Just wanted to make sure that the .075" size sounds right for my setup.

Fp black filter is on order. $75.31 after shipping.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back