The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Old DSM'er New to Tuners

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techboy

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2018
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Hey guys ... thought I'd just quickly introduce myself. To get straight to the point, I'm an 18 year dsm'er and have been a member over on Talk for a long time under the same user name, however, it's become increasingly clear to me that forum has died - I tried to hang on for as long as possible LOL. I've used Tuners many times for research, just never joined up - till today.

Anyway, I entered this crazy world in July of 2000 when I purchased a leftover 99 Anniversary Edition GS off the lot. I drove that for about 3 years before tubro-charging it, and I enjoyed it for another 2 until I, spun a bearing. I made the switch to a GST in 05 - I've had that car ever since. I'm the process of doing a GSX swap as we speak and hope to have it up and running sometime this summer. I've owned a bunch of other DSM's along the way - the one I miss the most is a 91 GSX I had for awhile. Should have never sold that car. The 99 GST has always been my baby though:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I also spent close to 7 years of my life doing a complete restoration of an 88 Starion. Every bolt, every nut. If you're interested I have a 23 page build thread on Starquest Forums: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136464

Here's a pic of that car:

So ... I'm happy to be here and looking forward to being a contributing member.

Welcome techboy to THE BEST DSM FORUM for help and not bs. Most members are super helpful and don't mind helping if you don't mind taking advice. Make sure to fill out your dsm profile so its easy for everyone and Nice Starion!.
Thanks for joining us and helping out!
Marty

That Black looks so nice, Ive been rocking mine in primer for too long. I bought every body gasket, belt molding, roof drip, etc. years ago and have hoarded them in my closet. I really need to just spray it already.......Thanks for the motivation!

Welcome to the family. I just recently also converted my GST to AWD also it was a long process but it was definitely worth it. If you have any questions let me know.

Idk how you stayed on that forum so long. I deliberately avoid dsmtalk search results because they almost always turn into a butthurt session and waste my time. Dsmtuners is by far a much better resource and essential for most DSMers. I would not be a DSMer if not for this forum. Welcome!

Idk how you stayed on that forum so long. I deliberately avoid dsmtalk search results because they almost always turn into a butthurt session and waste my time. Dsmtuners is by far a much better resource and essential for most DSMers. I would not be a DSMer if not for this forum. Welcome!
I would strongly argue that one, Dsmtalk just doesnt put up with bs and people easily butthurt is all there is to it, its more of a Donald Trump type of atmosphere where there is no catering or spoon feeding to snowflakes.

When I'm taking up my valuable time searching I don't like having to read through tons of dead threads with no answers. I am completely self taught and I have found DSMtalk tends to spiral out of control and turns into opinions over facts more often than not. Ntm it seems like nowadays there are more knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum overall. I hop on here when I'm trying to figure something out or maybe share some knowledge. After spending years and thousands of hours pouring over search results I tend to not even look at dsmtalk results anymore unless I have to. That's just my personal experience. I've only been in the "real" DSM scene for about 5 or 6 years (prior to that a car was a non-issue) but I can definitely say DSMtuners has provided me with at least 90% of everything I now know and for me it has been an invaluable resource.
Regardless, we should all consider ourselves extremely lucky to be involved in a platform with such a plethora of information and cheap parts. The fact you can spend hours looking through posts and tutorials is truly unbelievable. I consider DSMs to be one of my main hobbies and it goes without saying I couldn't enjoy my hobby without these forums (and classifieds; how else could I have built my car for peanuts? I love part outs!) and I'm always appreciative of the guys taking their time to provide us with write ups.

Man guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I didn't expect to log in this morning and see a dozen replies to my intro.

Glad you decided to join up! Just finished reading through the 22 page build on that Starion :hellyeah:... hope I get to see that thing in person!

Thanks for taking the time to read it, you must have had some time on your hands. WTF I see you're in Bangor, so you're not the far. Chances are good - I take it the Steel Stacks sometimes in the summer for Cars and Coffee if you're ever there.

That Black looks so nice, Ive been rocking mine in primer for too long. I bought every body gasket, belt molding, roof drip, etc. years ago and have hoarded them in my closet. I really need to just spray it already.......Thanks for the motivation!

Black's a tough color on these cars. To be honest, I had the front bumper and hood re-shot maybe 10 years ago now. The rest of the paint is original. It has been garage kept it's entire life. Even with that though, my roof is starting to fade all around the sunroof.

Welcome to the family. I just recently also converted my GST to AWD also it was a long process but it was definitely worth it. If you have any questions let me know.

I think I was following your swap on IG. Are you on IG? I recognize the gold wheels. Did I read that you sold that car, or am I confusing you with someone else?

Man, that Starion is beautiful!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I never expected to put so much blood, sweat, tears (and money) into that car - but things snowballed pretty quickly. :dsm:

Hey guys ... thought I'd just quickly introduce myself. To get straight to the point, I'm an 18 year dsm'er and have been a member over on Talk for a long time under the same user name, however, it's become increasingly clear to me that forum has died - I tried to hang on for as long as possible LOL. I've used Tuners many times for research, just never joined up - till today.

Anyway, I entered this crazy world in July of 2000 when I purchased a leftover 99 Anniversary Edition GS off the lot. I drove that for about 3 years before tubro-charging it, and I enjoyed it for another 2 until I, spun a bearing. I made the switch to a GST in 05 - I've had that car ever since. I'm the process of doing a GSX swap as we speak and hope to have it up and running sometime this summer. I've owned a bunch of other DSM's along the way - the one I miss the most is a 91 GSX I had for awhile. Should have never sold that car. The 99 GST has always been my baby though:

I also spent close to 7 years of my life doing a complete restoration of an 88 Starion. Every bolt, every nut. If you're interested I have a 23 page build thread on Starquest Forums: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136464

Here's a pic of that car:

So ... I'm happy to be here and looking forward to being a contributing member.
Glad to have you as a member. Love the cars (that Starion is bad ass).

What's your name?

Welcome to car parts anonymous. Where we all meet to discuss how we have fixed our broken cars.

I can't stand the idiots on Facebook. The only thing dumber than the posts are their profiles. Seriously have you ever seen a part for sale and think maybe I should click their profile first, and find yourself reading third grade English about balling and spending money

Also, cars of the past are never as good as they once were. I've learned many times that the only reason the car was in good condition was because you owned it, not some one else. After you sell it that car is immediately abused and trashed. I've bought back a few of my old cars and they always hurt to see because of how far down hill they go

Last edited:
Welcome to car parts anonymous. Where we all meet to discuss how we have fixed our broken cars.

I can't stand the idiots on Facebook. The only thing dumber than the posts are their profiles. Seriously have you ever seen a part for sale and think maybe I should click their profile first, and find yourself reading third grade English about balling and spending money
Yeah, they'll be ballin and spendin money after they rip you off.

Welcome. Nice cars and beautiful photography.

Can't say in the nearly 10 years of DSM/3000gt ownership I ever felt the need to register for dsmtalk... Only once or twice found stuff I needed on there with google. Projectzerog, evom, tuners, and 3si.org as well as 2 C/S/M forums I can't remember the names of off the top of my head... and dsmpurity back in the day, mostly just for build threads over there all being such high quality builds..

Glad to have you as a member. Love the cars (that Starion is bad ass).
Thank you, I'll have to post more pictures of it when I get the chance. I had a photoshoot done about a year ago b/c it was featured in a calendar.

Nice rides! I bet you'll find a whole new love for that 2g once it's Awd.
I can't wait to finish it up. I've literally been thinking about it for 8 years, just didn't want to have 2 projects going with the Starion restoration going on. I have everything off the donor car at this point, once the weather breaks I hope to start cranking on my car. I'm gonna start by welding in the driveshaft hangers, hang the gas tank and sub-frame.

Dude you're from the Lehigh valley? I'm from Easton motherfu**er! PM me!
I was just in Phillispburg last weekend. :hellyeah:

Welcome to DSMtuners!
Gorgeous '99, BTW.
Thank you. I'll have to post more pics of that as well. I just rolled 60K this past summer. I doesn't get driven very much, and when it does, people are always trying to buy it off me ... LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back