The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Okay tell me what I broke , got pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
here it is

Attachments

• dsc00044.jpg
    dsc00044.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 184
my radiator is not straigh with the body see that gaps on both sides.

Attachments

• dsc00048.jpg
    dsc00048.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 169
likely all plastic pop and screw style rivets and the factory fog light housing and bracket if it was there..cause it's not now!! Inner fender liner is probably damaged as well. With just that picture, hard to tell of any structural damage of the front cradle or radiator support area. Pull the bumper cover off and take pics of that..not just that one area but both sides...for comparison.

/Steve

The cradle that holds the bottom of the radiator....it's been pushed in up to 3/4". Pull the radiator and start knocking that back out with a rather heavy hammer.

cool, so I probably won't need to buy a new one right, is it welded to the frame,

took the foglights out awhlie ago, a thought just occured to me, I better disconnect the batt when I wack the cradel straight hopefully or I might set off the airbags, when strangly didn't go off.

Originally posted by 95talontsi
cool, so I probably won't need to buy a new one right, is it welded to the frame,

Get yourself some several short lengths of 2"x4", using the car sissors jack you can push the bent frame back out. It works better if you have someone helping you to hold the block which is going to be on it's end. You will have to find a good place to put a support to distribute the load and not bend anything else.

If you get the jack at an angle the block will pop out with pretty good force so watch you face and hands. You might be able to get a hydraulic bottle jack to work but they usually run out of fluid when turned on their side.

This won't leave any hammer blow dents or tick off everyone on the block. It works really well, pushed a Town & Country van out 3" just to remove the 3.8L engine.

Cheers,
GTM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back