The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Oil supply/pressure question on 2.4 stroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboTims

Probationary Member
May 22, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
So I built a long rod 2.4 motor and my oil pressure goes up with RPM but once I get way up in the revs, like 6k, the oil pressure starts to drop. When I built the motor I had to plug a whole bunch of oil returns in the motor where the 2.0 head bolts to the 2.4 block. Well what I am wondering is, am I sucking all the oil out of the pan and is it getting stuck in the top of my head or does anyone have any idea why my oil pressure would drop with RPM? How are other people dealing with the fact that there isnt as much routes for oil to get back into pan or is there something else going on with my motor. I run 20/50 royal purple if that matters. Sorry this is posted in newb section but I just dont post online enough.

I can't say how effective it is as I haven't had your issue before but do you have the kiggly hla regulator up in the head?

HOw far does it fall? they should plain out at some point because of the oil relief port opening enough to stabilize the pressure

2.4 block out of a 7 bolt galant. 2.0 headgasket. Plugged holes that gasket didnt match up with. No I dont have this kiggly oil pressure thingy ma jiggy. Oil falls to around the middle of the gauge. Its more then its at when its idling but less then it is at around 4-5k

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back