The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil squirter? Lifters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowChild3

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
What are these and what is the difference? The oiled one came out of the head. The other came with the car.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Both are lifters. One is manufactured by a different company than the other, but both have the small oil orifice at the top. There are "revised" lifters on the market with larger orifices that may help prevent lifter tick.

Drill them out whats wrong with them, i replaced mine with revised ones, i hate lifter tick.

The lifter on top is defective. The retaining cap that holds the plunger in is missing and it is over extended. They look to be the same lifter. As for drilling, i would not do that. Te hole in the lifter really isn't making then make noise. The hole in the rocker is just as small so you are still limited to the smaller hole. IF you are having problems with them than take them out and soak them in diesel fuel for a few days like the fsm recommends.

^+1 on that. And all the metal shavings from drilling would be nearly impossible to remove from the lifter. I recommend a new or used set of revised lifters. Check the classifieds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back