The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oil Pump Wear Limit.....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRP

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2011
Brooks, Georgia
Not sure why I have to still post here in newby section but regardless I need some info from the engine building Guru's on here...

1st- What or where can I find the wear specs for a stock 4g63t oil pump (Gears and Housing)
2nd- Does the oil pump housing (the small secondary one that houses the pump gears) does this smaller housing have a Gasket....?

Thanks
VRP

no gasket. And no rtv, but I put on the lightest coat possible so that none will squeeze through.
Also locktite the bolts that hold on that rear cover. I once had them back out. It wasn't fun.

here's the clearance. Plastigauge to check it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

"no gasket. And no rtv, but I put on the lightest coat possible so that none will squeeze through.
Also locktite"

So we are all on the same page...I am aware that the main (large Oil pump housing) has a gasket I have one for my re-install..
But does the small (5bolt) housing that holds the actual oil pump gears- have a gasket...If It does, then mine didnt come with one ,,and-- I cannot find a part number for a gasket in this location.....

Thanks
VRP

Oh yeah i thought he meant the front case, long day at work, i used loctite and torqued them down i just got a new pump. No gasket, and i didnt use any sealant.

Yea front case does have a gasket. I was talking about the 5 12mm bolts and the Philips screw for the little oil pump cover on the inside. (2g's have an aluminum Philips screw that you have to drill out if you want to take the cover off)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back