The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil Pump to Front Cover Gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burntheblobs

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
Lafayette, California
I have my front cover off, and I was wondering how visible the Oil Pump to Front Cover gasket is suppose to be. It honestly looks like there is no gasket in between there...

The oil filter housing to front cover gasket is a very thin, most of the time, paper gasket. After a long time of being on the car, it can turn very hard and black, and sometimes hard to see and remove.

How visable the old gasket will be depends on how clean the engine is otherwise.
You should have no problems finding it (if it was there) when you start cleaning the block and front cover for the new one.

Steve

Im not talking about the oil filter housing. I mean the oil pump to front cover. The thing that houses the pump gears. And I'm asking how visible it is without taking off the pump. Just from looking at the front cover (which is completely off my car) with the oil pump attached.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back