The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Oil Pump Sprocket/ROCK oil pump clearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Ok I am in the process of assembling my motor (complete rebuild).

I bought a new frontcase/oil pump with gears from ROCK. We are putting the oil pump sprocket on and it seems as if its hitting barely on the front cover. Is their a spacer I am missing for the oil pump gear or should I file down the casting on the front case to make it clear? I don't want to modify this but a little bit of casting imperfection is not going to bother me. Any other ideas/solution/past experiences would be of help.

Aint that some shit. I had this problem with my "ITM" oil pump. I filed the case down a bit. Actually filed to much and had to throw on a bit of JB Weld (Crosses Fingers) I dont have my engine completely done yet, but I'll post back how it does in 2 weeks.

I got a little washer along with my new pump also. I never figured out where that what or what it was for. To small to fit on the pump gear.

I too had the same problem. I just bumped the casting with a die grinder untill it cleared. Dont go crazy on it because you will grind all the way through. All you need is just enough for the gear to clear. You will be safe if you can get a .060" wire gauge between the gear and casing.

We did just that bumped it a bit and it spings freely now just a little casting was catching now it seems perfect motor should go in this week. Thanks for the help.

Dang I'm glad I sprung for the oem pump on this one. I was just about to order the ITM brand too. No filing for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back