The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Oil pump scoring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
So I messed up, basically have a brand new oem case and was turning the gears slow with a drill when I felt a small bind. Pulled it back apart and noticed I didn’t have the stub shaft tight so the gear had play in it . Causing it to score the housing. Should I be worried about this? I assume I shouldn’t be but want to be sure. I tightened everything back up and it seems fine . Here’s a picture. Brand new oem straight cut gears, new oem case.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your fine, if you want to you could take some 1000 grit sandpaper and water and clean that up smooth and then clean the parts in your sink with soap and water to be sure to get the parts spotless of grit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back