The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil Pressure Sensor Mechanism Leaking from Joint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'95EclipseGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2010
Aptos, California
I am wondering how to deal with this leak. The leak is coming from the joint where the arrow is placed on this picture:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

About 6 months ago I noticed a small leak coming from that spot and decided I would be a genius and tighten it. Tightening it made it start to leak a lot more. It still isn't that much, a quart every 2-3,000 miles. The sensor wire always slips off but today I put some ultra gray on the other side of the wire so hopefully that will hold it. I still want to get this leak taken care of though. Can I try tightening it more? I am scared to make it worse or just completely break something so I want to get some advice first. If tightening isn't going to work what will?

Thanks Everyone

Do not just keep tightening it.
1) Drain your oil
2) Unscrew the pressure sensor
3) Clean the threads and get all the oil off of it. Inspect the threads on the oil filter housing to make sure they aren't damaged or stripped.
4) Apply some Permatex #14 thread sealant w/teflon to the thread of the oil pressure sensor
5) Reinstall your oil pressure sensor without over tightening it.
6) Start the car and check for leaks.
7) Tag my post as helpful :sneaky:

Hope this helps!

Okey dokey I will try that. I will probably wait until I change the oil next which will be in a month or two. I'll report back then. Thanks everyone for the help!

Do not just keep tightening it.
1) Drain your oil
2) Unscrew the pressure sensor
3) Clean the threads and get all the oil off of it. Inspect the threads on the oil filter housing to make sure they aren't damaged or stripped.
4) Apply some Permatex #14 thread sealant w/teflon to the thread of the oil pressure sensor
5) Reinstall your oil pressure sensor without over tightening it.
6) Start the car and check for leaks.
7) Tag my post as helpful :sneaky:

Hope this helps!

#5.5 on this list should be to add oil.

Just in case someone decides to follow your steps to the tee:ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back