The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

oil pressure sender

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badas93tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2002
Augusta, West_Virginia
I have seen the canisters on the front of the head near the banjo bolt that feeds oil to the turbo, are they oil pressure sending units? If so, could I put one where the banjo bolt used to be, my turbo gets oil from the filter housing. how vital is it to monitor oil pressure with an aftermarket gauge?

Thanks

Get it from the oil housing.

There are two plugs, one you have used up by your oil feed line, and the other one which is towards the front of the car.

Use the stock one as well for a backup just incase the aftermarket one fails (or vice versa).

Mine doesnt have the second one.

How accurate is the factory gauge?

They all have a second one.

Factory gauge is NOT accurate, but might just save you if you see its dropping fast.

I repeat, they all have a second one:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/oilline/1goillinelocation.jpg

EDIT: If you must, I have a 1g Haynes or Chiltons Manual outside that shows a picture of where to attach an aftermarket OP gauge too. If you must, go run down to Pep Boys, and then to Auto Zone and scan the manual section.

Oh, I thought you meant on the head. Can I mount one where the stock oil feed line goes?

Yes you can.

That's not where many people mount them however, so your readings will be off compared with most.

It's a few PSI different.

A local guy monitors both from both locations.

Most people just go from the oil housing, but some of the old timers probably went from the head. You'd be best off searching DSM.org for their pressure readings.

Thanks for your help man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back