The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil Pressure (LIVE)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingjust

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2006
Orlando, Florida
I know this isn't as cool as some others work here, but I was thinking of a way to read the oil pressure while the car is one going to the turbo. Well this is what I came up with. It's feed from the oil filter housing to the turbo. The thought is that if you are reading way to much pressure say for a journal bearing turbo, you can get a fitting with a smaller feed hole. But here it is in action, hope yall like! Oh yeah that is a 0-60psi gauge.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/kingjust627/Videos/MyMovie.flv">

Correct me if I'm wrong but, oil pressure from the oil filter housing can easily exceed 60psi, and also...how do you monitor this at WOT LOL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, oil pressure from the oil filter housing can easily exceed 60psi, and also...how do you monitor this at WOT LOL.

True, that's why this was just a mock up. If you want to see at wide open throttle you can just run an electric sensor to the cabin. But understand that engine load is not a factor here. Your rpms determine your flow (oil psi) so you can just rev your motor and you should get a close estimate. I revved to about 5.5 k rpms and was at 52 psi which is good. Get what i'm saying. Or like I said before you can just run an electronic sensor to a gauge in the cabin. This is something that I just did with extra parts laying around, it works though... for what its worth.

Yes oil pressure can exceed 60psi from the OFH. But prior, I ported the relief hole because of the nonexistant BS's. Also, if the pressure is to high that is why I stated that you can now get a restrictor because you 'know' the pressure is to high... sheesh, I thought you read that :ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back