The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

oil pressure help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20gst

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
Colorado_Springs_Colorado
1998 GST.... I was driving home and noticed my oil guage was at the L.. I pull over and check oil and the oil level is good.
What could be the problem ? faulty guage, oil pump unit ? Should I pull the oil line to my turbo to see if I have pressure from the line to make sure or what ? If I got pressure in my turbo line do you think its safe to still drive ? I dont like this problem.

It sounds like a faulty sending unit which is a easy fix. Or it could be as bad as a clogged pick up tube or oil pump. Unscrew your sending unit and screw in a regular 8th inch guage in it's place. Now start the engine and see what the idle presure is and then hhave someone increase the throttle and see if the presure increases. If it does then it's just a bad sending unit, if it doesn't you should be removing your oil pan and see if the pick up screen is clogged if not it's time for a new oil pump ( but I dout it ) Possibly the wire from the sending unit fell of. Good luck...:thumb:

Then please help me.... Last night my AC belt broke.. Got all the pieces out and then later noticed my oil pressure gauge was on L. Like i wan't getting a reading. Could the belt have busted something or knocked some wires off? But it did sound like the motor was starting to tap and my oil was very low. Please help with any possible answers...

Originally posted by DSMTommy
Then please help me.... Last night my AC belt broke.. Got all the pieces out and then later noticed my oil pressure gauge was on L. Like i wan't getting a reading. Could the belt have busted something or knocked some wires off? But it did sound like the motor was starting to tap and my oil was very low. Please help with any possible answers...
i don't see how ac belt could do anything like that. Thing with stock oil gauge is that is reads it at the sending unit, that doesn't mean there is low oil in the engine, once your rpms go up, your reading goes up too. Check your oil level every week and you should be ok, unless you got a leak somewhere.

Originally posted by DSMTommy

Sounds like your belt knocked off your sending unit wire harness. I dought any real trouble has occured.
:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back