The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1G oil pressure gauge quit working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Loco

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2012
Noble, Oklahoma
Last nite my oil pressure gauge quit working. i'm pretty sure thats all that happened because i havent leaked any oil at all. also i drove it around 5-6 miles home last nite and motor never knocked or overheated. car ran fine. can anybody tell me where the problem might lie and what to look for?

Solution
They all do. Mine was moved to make room for the plumbing for my Autometer oil pressure gauge. They all also have the wire attach on the top like that though.

theres no wire on the end of mine so i guess it popped off. gotta wire in front of the unit but the clip on it dont look like it looks like a busted female connector i'll see if it looks like that to slide on it if not guess i'll jack the car up and get under it to see if its on the other side. appreciate it .

that busted looking female connector was it. appreciate it guys my gauge is working now.
Exactly what racer said. I've had my wire at the end of my Sender come loose twice which led to my gauge being dead. All I did was get under the car and connect that wire back on to the sender and pinched it to secure it in place. It's hard to explain but once you see it you'll know it. I'll try finding a pic.

Do you mean that the gauge basically reads 0? I know there really isn't a 0 on the gauge but I mean does the needle just stay put?

yea dont move at all.

Exactly what racer said. I've had my wire at the end of my Sender come loose twice which led to my gauge being dead. All I did was get under the car and connect that wire back on to the sender and pinched it to secure it in place. It's hard to explain but once you see it you'll know it. I'll try finding a pic.

i'll really appreciate a pic if u can find one.

They all do. Mine was moved to make room for the plumbing for my Autometer oil pressure gauge. They all also have the wire attach on the top like that though.

theres no wire on the end of mine so i guess it popped off. gotta wire in front of the unit but the clip on it dont look like it looks like a busted female connector i'll see if it looks like that to slide on it if not guess i'll jack the car up and get under it to see if its on the other side. appreciate it .

that busted looking female connector was it. appreciate it guys my gauge is working now.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back