The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Oil pressure gauge leak.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmBear

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2012
Carmichael, California
Yes I know the stock ones are junk which is why I installed an aftermarket mechanical one. (25.89) at oriellys, well first attempt, oil sprayed inside of my car while night driving. Redid the whole nylon line used brass couplers with thread lock etc and tight as a could. Well it worked for a day, this morning I go out and there's oil all over the side of the dash again... Does anyone else have this problem? It seems like it's leaking from the gauge, a bad gauge?

I recently had my mechanical oil pressure leak all over my radio and totally fried it, Ive always ran electric guages for fear of my oil leaking out into the cabin. This gauge happened to be in the car when i purchased it and never checked to see if it was mechanical or electrical, i know its problem not what you want to hear but your best bet is to probably just get an electric one.

I recently had my mechanical oil pressure leak all over my radio and totally fried it, Ive always ran electric guages for fear of my oil leaking out into the cabin. This gauge happened to be in the car when i purchased it and never checked to see if it was mechanical or electrical, i know its problem not what you want to hear but your best bet is to probably just get an electric one.

Yeah well atleast in not the only one. Any good reccomendations on electric oil gauges ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back