The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirspoolalot

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2008
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
hey guys. i know this might be a noob question, but i have had a huge oil leak now for about a month now and now i finally got the chance to take a look under the car and my guess is either the oil pan gasket or the O-ring on the oil pan drain plug(or maybe a combo of both). Removing the oil pan looks pretty straight forward except for 2 or 3 bolts that I can't get to because they're in a space between the oil pan and something else. Is there a special way to get to these bolts? a special adaptor for the socket wrench? any suggestions would be helpful :) i have a 1g 4G63 GSX btw.

OP HERE different username

yeah. like the other bolts are visible and i can just use a socket wrench and get them out. but there's about 2 or 3 that are being blocked that i can't get to. how do i get to those? just use a wrench, instead of a socket wrench?

you have to remove the downpipe, transfer case, and the driverside axle. After that is done, the bolts should be simple to get at.

sounds like it is your transfercase? also use a good rtv on your oil pan for a gasket and the drainplug seal is a metal crush washer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back