The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepingTsi94

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Corn, Iowa
Will a 7bolt oil pan fit on a 6bolt block? Just ordered my new engine and only missing the oilpan.

I just used regular motor oil for my break in period. Ive heard people say use some heavy oils but these where v8 guys. I didnt want to clog up oil lines to the turbo or have ever heard to do it. With the oil pan Im pretty sure they are the same.

NO. The oil pans are different and are not interchangable.

Regular 10w 30 for your break in period. It will hep to break in your piston rings.

SleepingTsi94 said:
Also oil should be used when breaking in a engine?
Yes, just as the Search should be used before asking an unrelated question in a thread.
However, breaking in an engine without oil will save you a lot of time as regards what this engine's eventual fate will probably be.

10w-30 Mobil 1 regular oil is my suggestion.
Just in case you are breaking in your new motor and a new turbo at the same time, I would advise otherwise.
I've read too many posts about guys breaking in a fresh motor with a brand new turbo, and then that turbo died soon after their first oil change.
This happens especially if the oil feed for the turbo is coming from the head (1gs), and not the oil filter housing (2gs).
RRE sells a conversion kit for you 1g guys to feed from the oil filter bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back