The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil pan bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachdeagle16

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
coosada, Alabama
This afternoon i broke one of the bolts of while putting my oil pan back on. What can i do about this? i dont think i could get the broken part out myself. Should i take it to a shop and get them to fix it, Or should i just not worry about it and check for leaks very often? :talon: :cry:

why couldnt you get it out? Just drill a hole in the center of it and make use of an easy out. :)

Advanced tech?? :)

I can do that i just dont have time to do it right now, i was just wondering if it would be safe to drive as long as i checked for leaks.

zachdeagle16 said:
I can do that i just dont have time to do it right now, i was just wondering if it would be safe to drive as long as i checked for leaks.

I've broken about 2 or 3 around the bottom of the block. Not side by side though of course. I just used some silicone when putting the pan on and never sprouted a leak at all. You should be just fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back