The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

oil on spark plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimp4110

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2002
Buffalo_N.Y.
i changed my plugs the other day and when i pulled them out they had oil on the threads and all over it wasnt on the electrode but there were little bumps like the metal was boiling by the way they were the platinum ones if it has anything to do with it. but under the plug cover there was a puddle of oil too probably when someone filled it some spilled. but i dont see how this could get over the lip and through the wire.

Oil gets into the sparkplug well though a leaky valve cover gasket. Look on the inside of a spark plug well and you will see where the cover meets the head. There are four little round gaskets that go under the valve cover along with the long square one that seals the sides. As for the bubbles on the electrode, I don't know.

I know this thread is old but a friend on mine has a 99 nt with a 420a he has the same problem but his car will not start we couldn't figure out why if you can give me any info it would help.

Thanks,
Adam

its probably not oil in the plug wells, i had them in my first laser i didnt even realize it cause i didnt look. and i pulled the plug out and all the oil went down into the engine. didnt really feel any changes in the engine. other then i was prolly blowing that oil outta the exaust valve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back