The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Oil light when clutch is pushed in

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota Biddinger

Proven Member
Aug 5, 2017
Juneau, Alaska
When I'm coming to a stop in 2nd or 3rd gear and I push the clutch in and out my car in natural, the rpms drop to like 500 and the oil light comes on for a split second then goes away. I checked my oil before I started driving and my oil pressure readings on my glowshift gauge at normal, so what could it be? Bad sending unit ?

The guy I got it from said it's slightly tuned, and it doesnt run rich or anything because of the injectors so I'm pretty sure sure it is tuned for them. I didn't look at the fpr closely enough to see if it was adjustable

do you have a wideband? what do afrs do when you push the clutch in? what im trying to get at is i think its just the idle dropping low enough to let the motor drop oil pressure to where the dummy light comes on. it would almost sound like to me its kinda in the tune.

I'd almost guarantee your oil pan is dented under the sender. I remember having this issue and being told it was because of idle and my oil pan ended up being dented. Check that out. I've got my car to idle at 500 without any of this happening.

do you have a wideband? what do afrs do when you push the clutch in? what im trying to get at is i think its just the idle dropping low enough to let the motor drop oil pressure to where the dummy light comes on. it would almost sound like to me its kinda in the tune.
I dont have a wideband yet, but I was also thinking that. My oil level and pressure is fine so I was thinking the rpms just go low enough to where there's like no oil pressure so the light turns on

Extensively modified? It literally has Injectors, fuel pump, and a tune for the injectors and stuff. If you had paid attention to the recent comments on here, you would see that I said the guy before me put bigger injectors, a fuel pump and s tune into the car. No need to be a douchebag dude
So you bought an extensively modified car and it has problems. You should be more concerned youre drowning the piston rings and crank in gasoline with no tuning or engine management.

We have no idea what your mod list is

Extensively modified? It literally has Injectors, fuel pump, and a tune for the injectors and stuff. If you had paid attention to the recent comments on here, you would see that I said the guy before me put bigger injectors, a fuel pump and s tune into the car. No need to be a douchebag dude
Not to be a bigger douchebag, but knowledgeable members are asking you questions that you apparently don't have the answer to....like what are your AFR's or what tuning platform is in the car. Without any idea how rich the car actually is, it's very safe to assume the reason you're seeing this light coming on is the crankcase is getting unburnt fuel past the rings which is diluting the oil and causing the light to come on at low engine speed.

Step 1- change the oil and see if the old oil smells like gasoline and the problem goes away with the new oil installed. If it does,

Step 2- get a wideband o2 sensor installed immediately, and cease driving until you get the car tuned if your idle/cruise AFR's are richer than about 14.5 and full-throttle AFR's richer than 10.0.

If you continue to drive the car with diluted oil, severe engine damage will result.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back