The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

oil light 92gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95twinturboawd

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2009
jackson, Michigan
So I was driving yesterday and I was in line for 5-10 minutes, and it started to flicker on and off and went off when I got moving again. So is the light coming on from the heat? Or pressure?

it might just be a bad sensor, does your car have a factory oil pressure gauge? or just the dummy light?

also it could be that your oil is old and thinning out, was it a hot day? what oil weight do you run?

I accidently put 5w30 in on mine and when its really hot out and im driving for a long time it flickers when im idling so this could be your problem. Or it could be a faulty sending unit or your actually getting low oil pressure from a spun rod or main bearing hopefully not though.

I accidently put 5w30 in on mine and when its really hot out and im driving for a long time it flickers when im idling so this could be your problem. Or it could be a faulty sending unit or your actually getting low oil pressure from a spun rod or main bearing hopefully not though.

It was 95 out, and I have 5w40

hopefully it's just the oil, that's never been my case though. I've spun a few rod bearings in these things:|

I had this happen to me once..Turns out it was just a loose connection..I thought something was going wrong..But I pulled the connectors off cleaned them up and put it back on, and not 1 problem since..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back