The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked98gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2012
Middlesex, North_Carolina
Ok so I've searched this forum and got a few answers but Im going to ask for myself...

I took apart my FMIC this morning and set it in the corner so I would not bend any fins.... when I went to put everything back together, there was about an oil cap full of oil on the floor. no oil in the pipes, not burning ANY oil anywhere. I don't know much about this car but I read that PCV valves can cause this. What else can cause this before I start assuming that its a blown turbo. Also normally when I crank my car in the morning.. ot usually hits 80psi till it warms up... this time is went all over the place(80,40, 70, 60) this was all within 45 seconds of cranking it up. Oil is mobile 1 full synthetic. its never done this, I dont race it cause I actually love my car like most of you do so I need advise from people who take car of their cars.

Thanks for any and all help in the right direction:sosad:

The oil most likely came out of the intercooler. It's the main reason people run catch cans: To stop oil from getting in the intake.

The jumpy oil pressure sounds like a shorted wire giving the gauge intermittent signal. Mine did the exact same thing when it got caught in the crank pulley.

No oil catch can and I'll check that wire later. Thank you for the advise on both my problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back