The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Oil leak question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow_enuf_clips

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2003
Myrtle Beach, South_CarolinaUS
heres my deal...i've just had my engine rebuilt and now i have an oil leak. i know it's not the rear main seal because i saw the guy put the brand new one in there and then put the tranny back up. the leak seems to be comin from behind the tranny but i can't really tell...could u please give me POSSIBLE things that it could be...thanks

head gasket might not have sealed up? did he deck the block and head?
it still could be leaking. perform a compression check and if that doesn't show up with anything, take it to a garage and have a leak down test performed to see if it can be located.

Thanks man i'll be sure to do that...i'll get back to you if i find anything out...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back