The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Oil leak at OFH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmBear

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2012
Carmichael, California
Just did an oil change had a pretty big leak near OFH. Never had a problem with this before so i research and most likely culprit the orange o-ring for oil cooler.

I take off filter and prepare to take the 33mm bolt off and turns out I don't have one. I have a 6 bolt oil cooler shown here, did I maybe just mess up sealing the oil filter?

https://stmtuned.com/products/oem-mitsubishi-6-bolt-4g63-dsm-oil-filter-housing

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely.

As with the non-turbo and 1990 turbo oil filter housings, the FF OFH has the threads for the filter cast into the housing. There is nothing other than the seal of the filter itself preventing oil from leaking out. Make sure you lube the seal on install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back