The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

oil filter housing with no oil pressure sending unit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMBanditFZ6

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
Somewhere, Arkansas
Well I bought a six bolt block and got it all together and reused the oil filter housing that was on it. I did notice my old oil filter was huge compared to the one that was on it. But when I went to prime the engine with oil ( using hand pump to pump oil up through the hole where the oil pressure sending unit is ) and I noticed there is not even a hole for a OPSU.

How will this effect my oil gauge? And how to I prime the motor with oil? The timing is done. Everything is ready to go.

Did they decide to get rid of that? If so what year? (So I know the filter I got is good)

Pics would be most helpful in telling you what OFH you have, though the 4G63 Galant didn't have an oil pressure gauge or a port for it.

Without the sender, your oil pressure gauge that isn't really reliable won't work. That's up to you if it's a big loss or not.

If your engine is ready to start but you want some oil pumped through beforehand, pull the MPI fuse on the positive battery terminal and crank it over.

If you don't have an engine light on don't worry about it . Get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge though. Not knowing how much pressure you have sucks the big one!!! My switch was out and I didn't know it and I thought I had to replace my oil pump and go to all kinds of troubles LOL. New switch no huge problem. YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOUR ENGINE IS DOING! I have a 2g and my oil filter is small.

The empty threaded hole you see on the top (which is really the bottom) is where the oil pressure sending unit goes. Hope I helped. this is a 7 bolt 2 g.
Never mind it won't let me upload a pic sorry . Here is a link to one of my threads. It is my & bolt. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/429670-ecu-problem-what-help-2.html

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back