The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil filter Clearance Issues with 3" Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently purchased a full 3-inch 02 eliminator downpipe from Hahn Racecraft for my 96 GSX (I highly recommend this sucker!). The O2 housing was so big that the stock oil filter pressed on it which would have resluted in melted oil filters. Many people resort to using an oil filter relocation kit to alleviate the problem but I found an oil filter that works perfectly! Just go to your local mitsu dealership and buy a filter for a new EVO ($8). The filter is about half the length of the stock one but is much fatter, and it bolts right up with plenty of room to spare. Boost on my friends!

Other oil filters that are known to give more clearance with large 3" exhausts are:
Carquest #84092
Pennzoil PZ-37 and PZ-109
Mobil 1 M1-104 - Honda/Acura
Napa FIL 7092 and 27092- 300GT VR4

Those number were taken from this thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/maintenance-repairs/387537-i-have-answer-oil-change-w-o-taking-off-downpipe-switching-housings.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back