The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Oil feed line for an eBay 16g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nguyen13

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2023
Del rio texas, Texas
Does anyone recommend an oil feed line for this turbo that they sell on ebay? The t25 is going to be removed to put this turbo on.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
If you’re buying it new it should include a new 1g style oil feed line, if not you need to look for a stock 1g oil feed line and banjo bolts to feed it that way from the head or an aftermarket braided line. Also can feed from the oil filter housing with the proper restrictor, however being the internals on the Chinese knockoffs like this pictured are Garrett copies and not modeled after the original MHI pieces I couldn’t tell you how these rules apply, however no matter how you feed it it’ll most likely only last a few thousand miles regardless so I’d just feed it unrestricted from the head.

If you’re buying it new it should include a new 1g style oil feed line, if not you need to look for a stock 1g oil feed line and banjo bolts to feed it that way from the head or an aftermarket braided line. Also can feed from the oil filter housing with the proper restrictor, however being the internals on the Chinese knockoffs like this pictured are Garrett copies and not modeled after the original MHI pieces I couldn’t tell you how these rules apply, however no matter how you feed it it’ll most likely only last a few thousand miles regardless so I’d just feed it unrestricted from the head.

They're pretty terrible, but the turbine housing is pretty awesome. The Wastegate actuator is also tolerable. Once it blows, get a real 16G or even a 14B, port the shit out of the wastegate hole/flapper side, and send it. Love this turbine housing with a 14B.

They're pretty terrible, but the turbine housing is pretty awesome. The Wastegate actuator is also tolerable. Once it blows, get a real 16G or even a 14B, port the shit out of the wastegate hole/flapper side, and send it. Love this turbine housing with a 14B.
That’s what I have sitting here from Justin, I’m a fan of the turbine housing they come with with a little work, however no porting on the wastegate passage on this one, built with the intent to maintain higher boost.

That’s what I have sitting here from Justin, I’m a fan of the turbine housing they come with with a little work, however no porting on the wastegate passage on this one, built with the intent to maintain higher boost.

Really need to start saving up some coin for him to build me an FP Green knockoff/competitor.

Does anyone recommend an oil feed line for this turbo that they sell on ebay? The t25 is going to be removed to put this turbo on.

To specifically answer your question, search ebay for td05 turbo oil line

You should see results from a few vendors, stainless steel lines. Also you will want to get a new oil drain line as well, you can make the t25 one work but you have to hollow out the bolt holes.

The ebay turbos are ok for stock boost levels, they are cheap enough and work well enough for me to say they are an "ok" upgrade. However when you consider that you will need a new j-pipe to the intercooler, a new oil feed line, new gaskets, possibly new bolts to hold the turbo, youre probably looking at $400 to swap a new one in. At that price you may find one in the classifieds that is a legitimate turbo that already has those accessories for that price

Also I have had problems with the coolant lines that come with the ebay turbo. On one of my project cars, the supplied coolant lines fitting to the turbo was too long, and would not seal against the turbo housing. So make sure when you install the coolant lines on the turbo the banjo bolt fully compresses the copper washers

Last edited:
We have ran a Chinese 16g without coolant, as the CHRA was cracked in the coolant area. It was fine and didn't care, but you have to make sure to not do a hard pull, then shut it off. It needs time to cool or a short drive after a hard pull. We never used a turbo timer (who needs those anyway) and it held up as good as one that was water cooled.
Just an experience that we had and what we did.
@chrysler kid , I believe the OP would need to restrict the flow on the oil feed line for a OFH feed that Mamba makes. (I use them too) How much restriction, I don't know.

We have ran a Chinese 16g without coolant, as the CHRA was cracked in the coolant area. It was fine and didn't care, but you have to make sure to not do a hard pull, then shut it off. It needs time to cool or a short drive after a hard pull. We never used a turbo timer (who needs those anyway) and it held up as good as one that was water cooled.
Just an experience that we had and what we did.
@chrysler kid , I believe the OP would need to restrict the flow on the oil feed line for a OFH feed that Mamba makes. (I use them too) How much restriction, I don't know.

The mamba one i ordered had a restrictor built into the fitting that goes into the oil filter housing

I also ran that chinese 16g without coolant with no problems. However I was running a manifold blanket and the heat eventually stretched the factory turbo to manifold bolts. So dont run extra heat insulation on a daily without watercooling

The only restrictors I have found in their kits was on the inlet fitting that screws into the turbo CHRA. OP, just check your line that you choose for a built in restrictor if you use a braided line. All of mine have been plain 4an lines, some with 90* fittings on one end. We just used one yesterday as a remote fuel pressure gauge line under the hood of another project. It was an unrestricted line.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back