The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Oil feed for Holset, wwyd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pieceofcloth

Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2019
Houston, Texas
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I got rid of the 16g setup & it's now time to throw on the holset he351. I'll be using the Morrison drain kit they sell & for the feed, I found this stuff in my stash.

The port commonly used is rounded out.
I'm guessing cause it's siezed. Id hate to crack this thing trying to get it out. Wwyd? I'm not trying to swap it out again nor purchase a new one. Is an inline filter good enough? Thank you

Not sure if you can get it in there while it's in the car, but yeah. Reverse thread stud/screw extractor bits ftw.

I have a kit but if it's rounded off, then the proper tool wasn't enough. I just threw some of this blaster on. I'll give it a try after this stuff settles. I hate to apply pressure on these ofh, the crack so easily. Thanks, I forgot about them tools

I would cut a slit on opposite ends, put a torch to it, spray penetrant. Then use a flat head and a hammer to knock it loose. You won’t crack the housing as long as you’re aim is good

A dremel would be my preference for cutting.

I had to get the bytch out of me. I totally forgot I had this expensive ass kit. I appreciate each and every one of y'all replying. It helps drive me forward, much love y'all 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

The housing is going to have metal shavings in it from doing that, make sure you clean it super good, I would pull it off and clean it on a bench.

The housing is going to have metal shavings in it from doing that, make sure you clean it super good, I would pull it off and clean it on a bench.
I hear you loud and clear brudder. I went extremely slow w the drill in and stopped immediately when it broke thru. The remaining oil was help pushing out whatever. I ran my magnet thru there and still am to be as safe as I can be without taking it off. I hear you tho, appreciate ya 💪🏼🤝🏼🤘🏼

Just start the car with the port open and let the oil flush everything out 😂

Nah but fr.... I got nothing to say I've done much much worse and was just lucky I guess

I would take it off and get the fitting out. And get rid of that water oil mixer while your at it.

On the other hand, pretty much any time you have any rpm, the filter bypass is open and your engine hits unfiltered oil anyway.

Is there a 7 bolt OFH that doesn’t have the coolant passing through? External cooler the only option?
External (Evo III or Evo 8 or 9) or if no cooler was desired, there is the 1G 7-bolt non-turbo oil filter housing, 2G Spyder N/T oil filter housing, 7-bolt Mighty Max/Dodge D50 forward facing oil filter housing.

The 7-bolt uses the same oil filter housing gasket as the 3G Eclipses with the 4G64. The mid-90 model Galants and Expos that were equipped with the 4G64 use the same filter housing as the 2G N/T Spyder. Any of these housings should bolt up and eliminate the water-cooled oil cooler.

Thread hijack but who cares?... please elaborate 🙏
Oil coolers trap shrapnel that like to be released at inopportune times. Then it seems like a lot of people like to mount them so the fittings get broken by road hazzards. Unless you are doing actually road race type stuff with 30mi sessions, they are simply not needed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back