The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Oil drain size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sytherstrike

Proven Member
Mar 19, 2013
Flint, Michigan
So I got my car together today. For the oil drain I bought a kit, and cut the mitsubishi steel line near the oil pan and had to really stretch the hose hard to get it on there. Car ran for 30 seconds oil dumped out the compressor and exaust on the turbo. I'm thinking the drain is way to small any advise is welcomed. Turbo is a old garrett 6262, if any one needs to know. Cant help but laugh a little only started the car to check for leaks, defiantly found one!!!!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

YES, oil WILL be above the bottom level of the drain hole in the pan if the oil level is correct.
And....keep a FIRE EXTINGUSER handy, LOL. I keep one in my car, an oil fire is a bi*** to try and put out.
Get a longer hose, we have cut the flex section out of stock drains before and did what you are doing.

Thanks for all the input guys, I think I figured it out. The kit I have advertised -10 an, I pulled it all off an measured it, its only 1/2 inch inside diamater. I seen a post where a guy drilled out his oil pan and made a adapter that bolted in the factory location that moved his line size up to 3/4, Im doing the same, also he used see through line just to make sure the oil was flowing good. Also going to make sure the turbo is clocked properly, I was kinda guessing because I had the front end up on jack stands. Going to be putting the tires back on setting it on the ground than setting it.

Well guys it came down to user error. I didn't tighten the feed line on the side of the 90, just on the 90 where it went to the turbo. Had I left the car running when i seen all the oil on the ground I would have seen that. :ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back