The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil Cooler questions (not a repost)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onegee

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2002
., Asia
i did a search and didn't come up with much..okay so this is my dilema..i have a 90 gsx which has an an oil cooler...now i was reading this page : http://www.vfaq.com/mods/oilcool.html i found thru some searching and now im damm confused...this is one of the only things keeping me from selling my 90 to get a 91...questions:

1. is this mod NECESSARY to have a 91 run really reliable?
2. is it that big of a difference b/w the 90s
3. could u plz explain that dudes concept in laymans terms..read it over and over and my brain just shut down....
4. now i read somewhere on switching to a 90 oil cooler on a 91 but lost the thread...

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ help...its buggin the h3ll outta me...happy new year...

Originally posted by onegee

3. could u plz explain that dudes concept in laymans terms..

What he is trying to explain is that there is a possibility that the cooler shaft might come loose, and if you try and over tighten it, you might brake it (crush it)! I had one of mine come loose, and what he didn't think about trying is a bit of thread locker on the shaft when he replaced it!!
I put some on mine and never had a problem again, and I only had it happen to one!! I've since sold the car and see the guy every once in a while, and no problems yet!! That was 1 year and 25,000 miles ago!!
IMO, I don't think that the conversion is necessary at all, except that the front cooler does cool better. I have had several with both styles and never had a problem, exspecially if your dealing with a stock to slightly modded car.

Hope this helps, Steve.
:thumb:

OH...... And this is what happens when some one disconnects the oil cooler!!!! OMG

Steve.

Attachments

• carnage 2.jpg
    carnage 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 116
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back