The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Oil clearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Boni

5+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2018
Wrightstown, New_Jersey
So I know stock oil clearance for the mains is .0008-.0020 with the limit being .004”. I have a NT block with BS deletes and I was wondering what I should shoot for to keep idle and WOT oil pressures under control. I also plan on doing the head oil port mod as well as porting out my OFH. I won’t have oil squirters so should I aim for a .003” or try and keep it within that stock limit? Thanks!

Attachments

• 02EA40CE-2BB9-4F82-A7E9-0F0286E62EA6.jpeg
    02EA40CE-2BB9-4F82-A7E9-0F0286E62EA6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Depends on your power goals. Stock power Stock limits. If Your upper the power you could use hx bearings for a slight increase in oil clearances for more power and heavier oils. Typically .001" for every 1" of journal size, should keep you in the green.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back