The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil catch can mounted locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91eclipseDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
Salem, Oregon
Hey guys i just wanted to get some ideas where you guys have mounted your oil catch cans so if ya could please post up some pictures, thanks

Dont have one on mine yet but have seen pictures of them mounted on the firewall or the side of the strut tower. Google "catch can dsm" and the links for the exact thread your looking for will pop up. Or you could use the g2 fram fuel filter as a diy.

I have mine currently mounted pretty low on the passenger side, next to the intake filter on the end of my turbo, its mounted on a bracket i bolted in behind the headlight. It sits pretty low, the bracket is attached to the top end of the can, its a smaller jm fab catch can.
Im not sure im going to leave it there though, i might change it to the passenger side firewall where the stock battery would be. Cant take any pics, im at work and my cars at home.

Or you could use the g2 fram fuel filter as a diy.

Using a fuel filter for a cheap catch can is a horrible idea! If that's what your actually saying here.

I have got my Calan catch can on order, I plan on mounting mine on the passenger side strut tower.

you have 2 catch cans?

He does, it's just a different way of hooking the system up, perfectly functional though.

Edit: I plan on mounting mine like red_devil did in the link below. post#109
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/custom-fabrication/402801-calan-catch-cans-4.html

Last edited:
i have mine where the old side mount used to be bolted to the frame rail

I have mine nice and low on the passenger strut tower. Its just a small jmf.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339978911865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339978911865.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339978924131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339978924131.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339978935441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339978935441.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 240
Maybe we can get this going again? Keep it specific to location descriptions or, preferably, pictures.

I'd like to see more Calan catch cans

I got 2 catch cans. One is mounted on the firewall where the stock battery originally went and the other is right next to my fusebox. They do the job just fine and no more oily intakes.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I mounted mine in the highest place possible, and brazed the hot tube to the cool tube lengthwise.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not only did this stop the oil from reaching my turbo intake, but even with 30psi DD and track use I only have to drain a few drops every 3000 miles because most of the blowby vapor condenses in the siamesed pipe, and flows downhill back to the valve cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back