The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oh but I'm a car guy "funny swap story"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasershark

Proven Member
May 17, 2013
over yander, Idaho
This kid (18 or 19) at my little sisters 18th birthday party (im much older) asked if I owned the talon outside, Damn it I thought, "ya that's mine". He then said "good I'm a car guy too and saw your exhaust and had to say hi." No harm there right, then he asked if my blow off valve was tightened??? UH ya its bolted on I said. He asked if it was screwed in?? Um ya I have it recirculated I said.
He then goes on to tell me about a civic he saw that was 2JZ swapped. I asked if he was sure it was a civic and he said ya. I asked if he knows the amount of work it would take to 2J swap a civic? Oh ya he said this thing was sick.

The kid builds race cars with his dad and sold a pro drag 68 camaro 2000+ hp for 78k. It had the stock tranny but they swapped a 7spd auto??? WTF I am thinking at this point. He tells me story after story with little things just not adding up. :ohdamn::ohdamn::ohdamn:

He finishes up with a Evo X he was riding in and it had a turbo LSX motor in it. They got pulled over after getting on to the freeway at the top of 4th gear doing 75-85mph :ohdamn: The car must have been geared for the 1/16 mile strip LOL The cop told him to pop the hood and inspected the turbo and said it was illegal because it was over 50mm he said a new law in Idaho that anything over 50mm is illegal. He said the guy was freaking out because if he gets pulled over again that they will crush his car. :ohdamn: As far as I know we don't do that here in Idaho, and also what a three strike law on cars?? get pulled over 3 times with a modded car and get it crushed?? He was a nice kid and he was real excited telling me his fictional stories but...:idontknow: Why would you make up such outlandish stories to someone you might suspect has even a slight clue about cars.

The worst I've been asked is I was a street racer. They asked "what are those circular things under your stereo?" (WB/Boost guage) I told them and they said "so are you street racer then?" HAHA I said out loud, I bought the platform with the intention of auto crossing but don't have time now with school and work.

Kind of funny.

Feel free to flame or tell some funny stories you have heard.

I have a friend who tells the most BS stories, not about cars, but just completely bonkers. It feeds their egos, and they fully believe their own stories. Shame when people feel the need to lie to impress haha. Popping the hood to inspect LOL, that's some California BS. I was working on my car one day. One of the dudes(22y/o) who lives on my street(nerdy guy, drives an impala wagon), was walking by me and suddenly stopped then approached me. He asks me "what kind of motor do you have? Because I'm going to be getting a (chevy) Cruze and the guy said i could put a motor in it". He talks some more about this cruze hes going to be "leasing" and walks away. I was just confused as to what i just heard after. Maybe hes gonna do an LS swap?? hahaha.

In my younger days this would bother me to no end, or I'd subtly try to troll them by asking them detailed questions to make them sweat. These days I just give them a half-assed nod, go "that's cool man" and walk away. Nothing ever comes out of that except one of two things, or both.

1) My car/my buddies car/someone I know's car can beat yours because it's 16 cylinder and 8 turbos in a VW Rabbit.

2) Your car needs to be fixed/has this wrong with it/needs this done to it/I know more about your car than you do.

If you just agree with them and move on, I guess it makes them feel like "Alright he knows I'm the better car guy, I can move on now".

That's exactly why i stopped going to the local meet right down the road from me every Wednesday. Nothing but A-holes who think they know more than you and bash your ride for whatever reason.

If you just agree with them and move on, I guess it makes them feel like "Alright he knows I'm the better car guy, I can move on now".
I was asking him questions... till my BS meter flashed then I just gave him a subtle "right on" "sweet" "that's cool"... Not that I claim to know everything or even a lot but definitely know enough to not have to BS
So is this the official beginning of the "Dumb things Honda drivers say" thread? :)
:D Sure why not :)
I'm going to be getting a (chevy) Cruze and the guy said i could put a motor in it". He talks some more about this cruze hes going to be "leasing" and walks away. I was just confused as to what i just heard after. Maybe hes gonna do an LS swap?? hahaha.
Had a chick ("car girl") tell me oh dodge makes your car you can throw a hemi in there :confused:

That's exactly why i stopped going to the local meet right down the road from me every Wednesday. Nothing but A-holes who think they know more than you and bash your ride for whatever reason.

Sad/funny thing is, that's not just local. Everywhere I've been that's how it turns out as well, with VERY few exceptions. If it's a bigger group than just a handful, it's like it turns into a toolbag frat-boy convention where everyone's trying to dick measure. I've found out if you keep it small, it's a lot more laid back then.

Sad/funny thing is, that's not just local. Everywhere I've been that's how it turns out as well, with VERY few exceptions. If it's a bigger group than just a handful, it's like it turns into a toolbag frat-boy convention where everyone's trying to dick measure. I've found out if you keep it small, it's a lot more laid back then.

Or just go to the shootout and not have to worry about it :)

Or just go to the shootout and not have to worry about it :)

Good suggestion, but only two problems.

1) I'm sitting in an airport bound for Tanzania, Africa and by the time I get back it's over. :(

2) That's only once a year. If it was every weekend, however, definitely would be the solution.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back