The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G OFH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I'm looking for a forward facing 6 bolt OFH that has the ports for an external oil cooler. Do these even exist? I have a normal side facing OFH with the cooler ports, and now a forward facing OFH, but it doesn't have those ports. As asked, does it exist?

They do exist, but they are extremely rare, and vary hard to find in the US, they were on some Euro market 2.0 SOHC turbo Starions and older early 80s rwd lancer 2.0 sohc turbos, you can no longer buy them new but the part number for one is MD041094

Last edited:
They do exist, but they are extremely rare, and vary hard to find in the US, they were on some Euro market 2.0 SOHC turbo Starions and older early 80s rwd lancer 2.0 sohc turbos, you can no longer buy them new but the part number for one is MD041094

Do you have any images of one? I tried searching the part number but nothing comes up.

Do you have any images of one? I tried searching the part number but nothing comes up.
That is because they were never sold on US models, but I will share an amayama diagram image of one.
I do know of 1 guy that purchased one, but it took him a long time to find it, and someone willing to ship it to him, and I doubt he will ever sell it, however he may have posted pictures of it on facebook but I'd have to hunt for the images the diagram below should give you an idea of how it went it is the one in the image below with the thermostat valve.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So why do you want to use a FFOFH? For what kind of racing and what oil temp do you have?
Once the car is finished, I might do some autocross, but the forward facing ofh is because I hate removing my downpipe every time I need to change ge the oil. Plus I never liked the oem oil cooler on the ofh. I like to have less coolant lines in places I don't want them.

Once the car is finished, I might do some autocross, but the forward facing ofh is because I hate removing my downpipe every time I need to change ge the oil. Plus I never liked the oem oil cooler on the ofh. I like to have less coolant lines in places I don't want them.
I see. I think a remote oil filter is the way to go.

That is because they were never sold on US models, but I will share an amayama diagram image of one.
I do know of 1 guy that purchased one, but it took him a long time to find it, and someone willing to ship it to him, and I doubt he will ever sell it, however he may have posted pictures of it on facebook but I'd have to hunt for the images the diagram below should give you an idea of how it went it is the one in the image below with the thermostat valve.
That's pretty awesome. I've ordered from them a couple times. Takes forever to get but they have come thru on rare and discontinued parts for me.

Need a little help on this, cannot find anything for a remote mount oil filter setup.
I saw someone in facebook who fabricates it like the pic. I don't know if he is a member of here. And maybe I shouldn't put his personal info here, so I pm you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back