The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G OFH?

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where, Colorado
I'm looking for a forward facing 6 bolt OFH that has the ports for an external oil cooler. Do these even exist? I have a normal side facing OFH with the cooler ports, and now a forward facing OFH, but it doesn't have those ports. As asked, does it exist?

DSMPT

DSM Wiseman
Jun 12, 2014
Japan / Mexico, Arizona
I'm not sure if it even exists Mitsubishi one, I have never seen it.
But FFOFH + this kind of sandwich adaptor doesn't work for your setup?
s-l300.jpg

mitsubishikid

Proven Member
Jun 8, 2009
Turlock, California
They do exist, but they are extremely rare, and vary hard to find in the US, they were on some Euro market 2.0 SOHC turbo Starions and older early 80s rwd lancer 2.0 sohc turbos, you can no longer buy them new but the part number for one is MD041094

Last edited:

MindBlowin03

Proven Member
Apr 11, 2002
Peckville, Pennsylvania
They do exist, but they are extremely rare, and vary hard to find in the US, they were on some Euro market 2.0 SOHC turbo Starions and older early 80s rwd lancer 2.0 sohc turbos, you can no longer buy them new but the part number for one is MD041094

Do you have any images of one? I tried searching the part number but nothing comes up.

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where, Colorado
I'm not sure if it even exists Mitsubishi one, I have never seen it.
But FFOFH + this kind of sandwich adaptor doesn't work for your setup?
View attachment 620848

No, this would work. I just didn't want to use one if I didn't need to.

mitsubishikid

Proven Member
Jun 8, 2009
Turlock, California
Do you have any images of one? I tried searching the part number but nothing comes up.
That is because they were never sold on US models, but I will share an amayama diagram image of one.
I do know of 1 guy that purchased one, but it took him a long time to find it, and someone willing to ship it to him, and I doubt he will ever sell it, however he may have posted pictures of it on facebook but I'd have to hunt for the images the diagram below should give you an idea of how it went it is the one in the image below with the thermostat valve.
1568722430845_big.jpg

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where, Colorado
So why do you want to use a FFOFH? For what kind of racing and what oil temp do you have?
Once the car is finished, I might do some autocross, but the forward facing ofh is because I hate removing my downpipe every time I need to change ge the oil. Plus I never liked the oem oil cooler on the ofh. I like to have less coolant lines in places I don't want them.

DSMPT

DSM Wiseman
Jun 12, 2014
Japan / Mexico, Arizona
Once the car is finished, I might do some autocross, but the forward facing ofh is because I hate removing my downpipe every time I need to change ge the oil. Plus I never liked the oem oil cooler on the ofh. I like to have less coolant lines in places I don't want them.
I see. I think a remote oil filter is the way to go.

MindBlowin03

Proven Member
Apr 11, 2002
Peckville, Pennsylvania
That is because they were never sold on US models, but I will share an amayama diagram image of one.
I do know of 1 guy that purchased one, but it took him a long time to find it, and someone willing to ship it to him, and I doubt he will ever sell it, however he may have posted pictures of it on facebook but I'd have to hunt for the images the diagram below should give you an idea of how it went it is the one in the image below with the thermostat valve.View attachment 620922
That's pretty awesome. I've ordered from them a couple times. Takes forever to get but they have come thru on rare and discontinued parts for me.

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where, Colorado
I see. I think a remote oil filter is the way to go.
Need a little help on this, cannot find anything for a remote mount oil filter setup.

DSMPT

DSM Wiseman
Jun 12, 2014
Japan / Mexico, Arizona
Need a little help on this, cannot find anything for a remote mount oil filter setup.
I saw someone in facebook who fabricates it like the pic. I don't know if he is a member of here. And maybe I shouldn't put his personal info here, so I pm you.
名称未設定.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds