The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Official Bench Racing Thread (how fast is my car/how much HP can I expect)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanks for the 550's input, thats what i was thinking :p how would these 2 links go on my setup? im thinking this should cover everything:
kit:
TD05 16g 20g J Pipe Oil Feed Line Turbo Install Kit 90 99 Eclipse Talon DSM 4g63 | eBay

Turbo:
Practically new Small 16g - DSM Classifieds

The turbo would work great, and appears to be a good deal. I cannot view the ebay ad currently, but Ive known one person who bought an ebay install kit and all was well except the rear braided water line could not phyiscally fit between the block and turbo because the 90 degree fitting protruded to far before making the bend and the j pipe contacted the pass side fan.

To avoid these problems I would purchase a kit from a more well known vendor or avoid a kit that has the braided water lines, but you still may need a slim fan to clear the j pipe.

The turbo would work great, and appears to be a good deal. I cannot view the ebay ad currently, but Ive known one person who bought an ebay install kit and all was well except the rear braided water line could not phyiscally fit between the block and turbo because the 90 degree fitting protruded to far before making the bend and the j pipe contacted the pass side fan.

To avoid these problems I would purchase a kit from a more well known vendor or avoid a kit that has the braided water lines, but you still may need a slim fan to clear the j pipe.

okay i was just trying to go cheap on the install kit :p what is your recommendation for logging? and will my stock ecu be able to log? ive read into them a bit but all pertaining to dsmlink, never to log specific things.

okay i was just trying to go cheap on the install kit :p what is your recommendation for logging? and will my stock ecu be able to log? ive read into them a bit but all pertaining to dsmlink, never to log specific things.

As far as logging with a 2g, you are limited to either running a tactrix cable and logging with evoscan and later get a flashable ecu for tuning or link as far as I am aware. It seems the cheaper options have lost all support and development. Personally, I am logging with a tactrix 2.0 and plan to run a 99 ecu and later find an evo 8 ecu, but that is because I picked up a used tactrix 2.0 for $20.

Sometimes being cheap now costs more later. Typically you are better off waiting and doing it right than being cheap and redoing it later.

And yes, evoscan will log your current ecu just fine, whereas link only works with an eprom.

im going to avoid tuning or logging as much as possible untill these mods are on and hopefully working without a hitch. ordered all my piping and a 16g today as well as a uicp and an aftermarket BOV but with the stock smic. oh and a wideband...yes a wideband...and to my understanding one i get everything hooked up i can basically turn the boost up and watch my afr's and as long a they stay in spec at WOT and idle which is... 11.1WOT and 14.7idle. and as soon as the fuel system cant keep up that would be my safety limit correct? if that wer say...17 psi id probably back off to 15 for safety reasons or -2psi off of whatever i found to be the maximum...does this sound like i would be doing correctly? im completely self taught here past other peoples experience here on tuners. so any points would be great! also im on the stock pump and stock injectors not tht it should matter seeing im using a wideband to sensor those factors...Right? :D

@96awd16g
i know u said logging would be better off but im just a wreck about tackling all of that quite yet, im not trying to rice my car into a hole i swear xD but i am trying to get some power...but safely! i mean realistically is it possible to find my cars safe boost level using just afr's? i dont want you to think im disregarding what u had said
and im having difficulties finding a tactrix 2.0 for anything under 200 bucks, which im just not prepared to pay honestly for something i plan on ditching for link anyways...=\

here are some other options im considering and would they serve the purpose i need them too?
http://www.dsmchips.com/viewproduct.php?id=22

a palm logger- if i had to pick id like to get the palm logger for 50-60 bucks if it will do what i need it to do, are they accurate? and i havnt familiarized myself with the ecu's yet but i can log off the stock ecu correct? it doesnt need any kind of modifications? thanks again man!

anybody give me some feedback on this?

anybody give me some feedback on this?

i was on a pretty good set up befor this one and make some ok numbers on the dyno but now im on a whole new set up and im wondering what you guys think would be a good number

HEAD:ported, dual springs, angled valve job, manley over size valves, kelford 280 cams, aem cam gears , gates blue timing belt, big lifters

BOTTOM END: manley 2.2 strocker kit, .20 over

TRANS/DRIVE LINE:stage two sheps, BIG 750 Hp axels

INTAKE/TURBO: magnus intake manifold, 3" intercooler piping, fmic, top mount turbo manifold, GT35R turbo, 1g throttle body, big 4" filter, 38mm wastegate

FUEL: 2150cc injectors, two 255s in the tank , fuel lab filter and reg , 10an lines all the way around, magnus fuel rail

COOLING:full size aluminum radiator, two 12" slim fans, lines runing to the turbo as well, "evo style" hood for vent alot of the under hood temps, also have turbo blanket

EVERYTHING THING ELS: Dsm link V3, arp hardware(headstuds, intake and exhaust studs and bolts, idle and belt tensoner bolts, all bottom end hardware , solid motor mounts, aem tru boost gauge, aem wide band, aem fuel pressure, magen coil overs (red and black ones) carbon fiber fenders trunk and hood ,

so let me know if i left anything out and let me know what is could make i plan on being around 30ish high boost and 18-20 low boost thanks!

A good number, i would use link to get a estimated whp, or dyno it to get a real idea every car is different many ask about how much hp a lot of opionons here.

How about this.

7 bolt
E316G
2g ported exhaust manifold
880s
FMIC
18psi
DSMLink V2
3" exhaust system
O2 dp w/ dumptube
On 92 pump gas.

For some reason, lots of noobs said 400awhp. I quietly laughed to myself in amazement. One even said for sure a high 11 second pass because of the 'stage' turbo I was running. *facepalm*...some times, I don't know if they're serious or just stupid.

That seems very realistic. I'd be happy with those numbers. forgot to add in 272s. So i would say around the 270 range depending on which dyno I go to.

ok i will also jump on this . my previous setup was :

safc1
stock cams
ebay 16g
stock fuelpump
560cc injectors, built 7bolt bottom end
xtd clutch kit
ebay mbc
kyb gr2 struts and neuspeed lowering springs
stock mounts
91 octane
Went to dyno at 14lbs boost at 237whp 220tq.

That was 4 years ago and since then had a crank walk and now im just finishing my break in with added components

safc eliminated-dsm link v3
stock cams -HKS 264-272
ebay 16g- e316g
stock fuel pump-walbro 255lph with rewire
560cc-720cc, bottom end rebuilt againwith balance shaft elim kit
xtd- 2600 act clutch kit
hallman MBC
stock-polyurethane mounts
kyb-Ksport full suspension
91-will be doing e85 after break in
link will be setup at 21lbs boost

i would like to know if i would be able to reach 300-350hp on my fwd car with this at 21lbs boost and what am i looking at with 1/8 and 1/4 mile times.

max hp with big 16g with:

w255
1050cc
evo electronic boost controller
evo 8 ecu
e85 tune (done by guys that know their stuff...not me)
crushed 1g bov (heard these can hold plenty, if not maxing turbo say so)
aftermarket o2 housing
3'' downpipe and back
evo 9 fmic with hardpiping

(may be forgetting something, but assuming the turbo is limiting factor or 1g crushed bov)

Now I don't want to run the turbo through the ringer, but want to push it pretty hard. Got it for cheap and will run her till I have money for FP Green.

Also, I see people talking about the stock headgasket and studs being fine up to 400hp. I don't want to go ARP because other forums state I have to balance some other part and I don't really want to mess with it if I don't have to.

I'm not a fan of bench racing, but seeing as how the nearest AWD dyno is 10+ hours away and I don't have a Link, can someone give me an estimate of whp for my car? I'm hoping for around 400, to be honest. I would prefer not to touch cams because it's an autocross car - response is #1 and I won't do anything that will slow down spool.

-93 Evo 1 with 30,000 miles (stock 7-bolt engine)
-68HTA, ported turbine housing, 34mm wastegate flapper with Holset wastegate actuator
-FP Race manifold
-Evo III o2 housing
-2.5" downpipe
-High flow cat
-3" catback
-ARC intercooler & 2.5" piping
-HKS RS intake pipe & A'Pexi air filter fed through the hood
-Evo I intake manifold (same as Evo III but no EGR)
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-660cc injectors - tuned for 94 octane
-Blitz SBC i-D boost controller set for 25-26 psi

It went 12.39 @ 110 in almost freezing temps (1.95 60') with the stock E1 16G, exhaust, fuel pump, garbage HKS filter and 21 psi. I'm hoping it can break 10s on the new setup.

"HOw many horsepowers would i have if i put on 6 turbos and 2 superchargers and lots of NOS on my mitsubisshi with a big spoiler????!!1!1 Would I shoot purple flaems like in the fast and furiousness?!"

In all seriousness, can anyone explain to me what the point of this thread is? ROFL There literally is no way to give an accurate estimate of power output and drag times without actually testing in a dyno and on a strip. There are so many factors involved.

Does anybody have a calculation tool that can transfer 62-124mph times (100-200km/h) into estimated horsepower?
I can not take it to the dyno because the 16G blowed up (nut got lose).
The car was doing 100-200km/h runs in a little less than 10seconds (2800lbs).

from experience I would rate the car @370hp but I don't have any numbers.
All I know is that it did 301hp (285whp) with 16psi boost. When it did the 100-200km/h run it was on 24psi.

Same setup 18Degree timing and E85 on dynorun, 24 degree timing and E85 on 100-200km/h run.

"HOw many horsepowers would i have if i put on 6 turbos and 2 superchargers and lots of NOS on my mitsubisshi with a big spoiler????!!1!1 Would I shoot purple flaems like in the fast and furiousness?!"

In all seriousness, can anyone explain to me what the point of this thread is? ROFL There literally is no way to give an accurate estimate of power output and drag times without actually testing in a dyno and on a strip. There are so many factors involved.

The reason for this thread is because no matter how many time you explain to someone that very point they insist on asking the question, and now the point of this thread hopefully is that after reading a few post those people will realize that it is in fact a really stupid question to ask.

and yes if you put 6 turbos and 2 superchargers and lots of NOS on your Mitsubishi if will shoot purple flames BUT only if you get the correct BIG SPOILER if you get the wrong one then you will blow the welds on the intake! and me and the mad scientist will have to tare the block apart and repair the piston rings your going to fry!

:D

The reason for this thread is because no matter how many time you explain to someone that very point they insist on asking the question, and now the point of this thread hopefully is that after reading a few post those people will realize that it is in fact a really stupid question to ask.

and yes if you put 6 turbos and 2 superchargers and lots of NOS on your Mitsubishi if will shoot purple flames BUT only if you get the correct BIG SPOILER if you get the wrong one then you will blow the welds on the intake! and me and the mad scientist will have to tare the block apart and repair the piston rings your going to fry!

:D

Maybe the street racing crew with nothing but coffee can D series Hondas can help you! :tease:

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to dsm's in general. Im currently buidling a 1995 gst with a 1998 7 bolt. itll have a 255 wally fuel pump (already in car upon purchase), 550 evo injectors, mhi 20g td06 turbo, and all forged internals. I also have stock cams, balance shaft delete, fp exhaust manifold, external waistgate etc... but I am being told i can reach about 350whp.. what do you guys think? it'll be on Pump97 octane fuel and tuned at 10psi for break in and then up to 20-22 hopefully once my motor is broke in.

any feedback would be great, just try and stay on topic ;)

There is a bench racing thread with combos listed. That can be found in the hangout fourm, or the search.

Or look over the build threads, and see what others have made with about the same set up.

Theres noooo way you will reach 350 hp on those injectors.

thats what i though too, but the guy building my car told me he had a 2g talon with 440cc injectors making 350 to the crank so he doesnt see that with mine having a bigger turbo ehy it wouldnt be more.

Theres noooo way you will reach 350 hp on those injectors.

and why would i not be able to achieve this power?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back