The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Official 2012/13 Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did cutler ever quit crying over there in chicago? LOL

I'm not a fan of dallas but did anyone else see witten's one hand snag? One of the best catches i'v ever seen. That was a rocket and he snatched it out of the air by the nose of the ball, amazing grab.

And what a great win for detroit, over a very tough seahawks team. They are still in a whole, have to see how the rest of the season plays out up in the north. Vikings, gb, and the bears are all 2 games up on detroit. Too many good teams in the nfc to hope for a wildcard. They need to take the division.

Did cutler ever quit crying over there in chicago? LOL

I'm not a fan of dallas but did anyone else see witten's one hand snag? One of the best catches i'v ever seen. That was a rocket and he snatched it out of the air by the nose of the ball, amazing grab.

And what a great win for detroit, over a very tough seahawks team. They are still in a whole, have to see how the rest of the season plays out up in the north. Vikings, gb, and the bears are all 2 games up on detroit. Too many good teams in the nfc to hope for a wildcard. They need to take the division.
Witten is underrated. All the love goes to Tony G and Gates, Gronkowski. Although Gronk is in a league of his own after last year, Witten has been outperforming Gates for quite some time now, even though outside of fantasy circles Gates is regarded as the better pass catching TE. All Witten does is catches close to 100 balls and goes for 1,000 yards every season. Thats all.

As for your Lions, im not sure what the hell is wrong with that team. Along with the eagles, they are one of those teams (ill include dallas as well) that are real headscratchers when it comes to why they aren't producing. No way that Charles Tillman should be able to stick Megatron in single coverage like he did on monday night last week. OFC hes not the reason why they aren't having a good season, but that whole team is in a funk. I'm writing them off for this season, too hard of a remaining schedule in a good division to make the playoffs. They do have enough talent to get on a run though. I think they will have to wait for 2013 for the real coming out party that was supposed to be going on now.

About the d..... i've completely lost faith in the lions defensive coordinator and that wide nine bs. 23rd in points allowed, 22nd against the run. You can't win like that. Gunther Cunningham, sorry bud but you gots to go

How's that? Last year we had the extremely crap qb (tebow) and we made it to the second round of the playoffs cause of him? I dont think so! It's our amazing D!

Denver's in a terrible division. Any decent team gets a free ride to the playoffs, like new england has for years.

I do like peyton this year though. I had given up on him ever since his last playoff game, when he seen the rush and slid out in the pocket. Never seen a qb do that before LOL. But he seems to be all in this year.

How's that? Last year we had the extremely crap qb (tebow) and we made it to the second round of the playoffs cause of him? I dont think so! It's our amazing D!
Has the Broncos defense allowed fewer than 3 points per game in the past eight games? Do some research on the "Steel Curtain" if you want to know what an amazing defense looks like. Couple that with the fact that our current starting QB has as many Super Bowl victories as your entire team....and your argument is invalid. :D

The game has pretty much completely changed from when the "steal curtain" played. Come on man, almost 40 years ago. Just sounds like another stealers fan living in the past when it was a totally different team and the person talking probably wasn't even living to see it so quit living in the past. They're so many rules as far as protecting offensive players now I highly dought that anyone will ever put those numbers up ever again. The games tailored to the offense putting points on the board and if you don't believe me, next time you watch a game count how many helmet to helmet, all the little penalties for touching a qb and all the other calls that are ridiculous and making this game powder puff football. 

I dont think so! It's our amazing D!

They're so many rules as far as protecting offensive players now ... next time you watch a game count how many helmet to helmet, all the little penalties for touching a qb and all the other calls that are ridiculous and making this game powder puff football.#

So you are saying that Denver has an amazing defense, in a powder puff football league.

LOL

The game has pretty much completely changed from when the "steal curtain" played. Come on man, almost 40 years ago. Just sounds like another stealers fan living in the past when it was a totally different team and the person talking probably wasn't even living to see it so quit living in the past.
Don't need to. :p

Attachments

• Steelers.JPG
    Steelers.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 86
Don't need to. :p

Sure about that :D

I kid i kid. I like the steelers style of football.

But you redskin fans still glad you used your number one pick on an injury prone, concussion prone, running qb LOL. That guy is done and hes supposed to be the face of the franchise? I can never understand the thinking behind some of these picks.

If detroit doesnt pick dee milliner with their first pick i wont be watching this season. Well them anyway. Because someone over there obviously has there head up their ass. He's listed as going #11 so detroit has a shot at him it looks like. And damn was he impressive in the championship game.

Gm Mayhew already announced that he will take the best "talent" available regardless of position. Not good news. Might be another depressing year after they take another receiver with their first pick LOL.

+1

But you redskin fans still glad you used your number one pick on an injury prone, concussion prone, running qb LOL. That guy is done and hes supposed to be the face of the franchise? I can never understand the thinking behind some of these picks.

I thought Kirk Cousins stepped up pretty good when RG3 was out (during the regular season) and I think they picked him up cause they knew with RG3s style of play he would get hurt. I guess we will have to see what happens next year to see how much RG3 is out and where they will go.

Don't have to worry- I'm a Broncos fan going into this weekend. I'm pulling for any team who can make this Ray Lewis' last game ever. :D

+1

I thought Kirk Cousins stepped up pretty good when RG3 was out (during the regular season) and I think they picked him up cause they knew with RG3s style of play he would get hurt. I guess we will have to see what happens next year to see how much RG3 is out and where they will go.

Yea i can see him being the new started soon enough. Rg3 had his acl repaired in 09' with parts from his other knee. Now he tore the same acl and the lcl. This time they're taking parts from him hammy to repair them. So hes going to have two bum knees and a less then 100% hammy. Oh and... hes had several concussions.

Funny thing is, i was betting my friends he wouldn't make it one full season. Thye dont and cant last in the nfl. The guys done and he just started.

If they're going to run they need to do it like rodgers and luck. If given the room they'll take the first down, but they dont look to run.

Don't have to worry- I'm a Broncos fan going into this weekend. I'm pulling for any team who can make this Ray Lewis' last game ever. :D

No love the lewis eh? I actually like mean, shit talking linebackers. Thats what keeps me watching. They take away then entire middle of the field just out of fear LOL. Receivers are looking for him before they catch that ball. Its awesome LOL. Thats why i always backed harrison and some of his brutal hits. Love that shit LOL

Or romo back in the elway era. Mean sob there.

But Im rooting for any team that can send the pats and cry baby brady packing.

Im taking the ravens, because i think flacco finally realized he has to score some points for them to win LOL.

Houston over the pats, out of pure hatred for the dbags.

Then seattle and san fran.

Doubt the packs can hang with san fran on both sides of the ball. And Atl will choke again, thats the only thing they're good at.

Last edited by a moderator:
No love the lewis eh?
Nope, he sucks...and Flacco is one of the worst QB's out there. If it wasn't for his receivers and short-yard runners he'd look like SHIT. Watch him closely- 90% of the time he has the ball within the general area of the receiver and they somehow come up with it...only about 10% of the time does he put the ball on the numbers. In his own mind he's as good as Brady or Manning which is hilarious.

I'm going on record here a few weeks before the Super Bowl with my predictions for the weekend- we'll see how close I get. :D

- Ravens lose to the Broncos 17-33. Ravens will be behind the entire game.

- Texans lose to the Patriots 20-38. Texans lead 14-3 at the end of the first, scoring on one offensive drive and one defensive move (either a pick or a fumble) then only manage two field goals the rest of the game.

- Seahawks go down to the Falcons 17-27. Hawks will be up 14-10 at the half then the Falcons come out and put two more touchdowns and a field goal on the board.

- 49ers lose to the Packers 30-33 either in overtime or by a late-game field goal. This is going to be the most-exciting game to watch.

We'll see how close I am after this week, then go from there. ;)

Nope, he sucks...and Flacco is one of the worst QB's out there. If it wasn't for his receivers and short-yard runners he'd look like SHIT. Watch him closely- 90% of the time he has the ball within the general area of the receiver and they somehow come up with it...only about 10% of the time does he put the ball on the numbers. In his own mind he's as good as Brady or Manning which is hilarious.

Yea i completely agree. Whats worse is his pocket presence. He can have all the time in the world, but a hand reaches in and he screams like a little girl and just lets it fly.

Only change this year is he understands that its on him now. But yea for him to call himself elite is a joke. He rode on lewis/suggs/reeds back for years now.

But how can you say lewis sucks? You might not like his personality but 13 pro bowls? Come on man.

- Ravens lose to the Broncos 17-33. Ravens will be behind the entire game.

- Texans lose to the Patriots 20-38. Texans lead 14-3 at the end of the first, scoring on one offensive drive and one defensive move (either a pick or a fumble) then only manage two field goals the rest of the game.

- Seahawks go down to the Falcons 17-27. Hawks will be up 14-10 at the half then the Falcons come out and put two more touchdowns and a field goal on the board.

- 49ers lose to the Packers 30-33 either in overtime or by a late-game field goal. This is going to be the most-exciting game to watch.

And we are complete opposite on every pick LOL. Honestly your probably right on the pats/texans, but i just cant bring myself to root for them, even if its against the browns LOL.

Watch out for the niners though. They were tired towards the end of the season, this week off will bring them right back. They're going to be scary in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im taking the ravens, because i think flacco finally realized he has to score some points for them to win LOL.

Doubt the packs can hang with san fran on both sides of the ball.

:hellyeah: 2 for 2 on saturday. Great games both of them.

Watch out for the niners though. They were tired towards the end of the season, this week off will bring them right back. They're going to be scary in the playoffs.

Did i nail that one or what, they were plain scary. I think they're the team to beat and proved that by squashing the pack. What a game.

I still think seattle is going to be too physical for atl. Still taking houston out of pure hatred for the pats. See how today plays out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back