The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

***Official 2007 Hip Hop Thread***

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOWi cant believe this many people listen to hiphop/rap and drive a dsm every time i past a dsm its that kind of how you say it "tokyo drift music" i just shake my head. But for me it depends on what im doing if i thinking about something and im in the car its old school rap

Talib
Common
Jedi Mind Tricks
Immortal Technique
Heiroglyphics
wu-tand clan (wu-tang forever)

But since im from the south you cant forget about

3 6 mafia
trick daddy
lil whyte
project pat
ludacris
lil wayne
young Jeezy
just to name a few

but if you are taking your girl back to the crib nothing beats that R Kelly

Or really lame head banging bullshit..wait thats 1G people

hmm i listen to all kinds of music, for hip hop i like bay area groups like

the team
keak da sneak is ok
traxamillion

also
three 6 mafia
lloyd banks
young buck (his new cd has sick beats but really weak lyrics)
50 cent
eminem (eminem show)
cashis( his new cd kicks a$$)
tech n9ne
young dro
young jeezy
i guess you could say i like mainstream artist but i like all the non-mainstream tracks

*sometimes you just gotta listen to some rap about rippers, big rims and dealing drugs ;) instead of that emo depressing my chemical romance and AFI stuff...

o yea i CAN't STAND;
jay-z
p-diddy
r-kelly
t-pain

lil wayne- i feel like dying.

If you listen to this song it feels as if he was tripping on some type of drug, so much he had no idea what was going on.

lil wayne- i feel like dying.

If you listen to this song it feels as if he was tripping on some type of drug, so much he had no idea what was going on.

true you cant hate because that song is hot fire for some reason. Another hot track is "sky is the limit"

Man I haven't heard anybody even mention the most underground of hip hop rappers....

LIttle Brother

Go cop "the listening", "The chitlin circut", and "the minstrel show" you can find em on itunes as well.

They're outta north carolina, but they're rap style is that of back in the day, clever rhymes, dope beats from their producer 9th wonder who produced a lot of other hit songs that ya'll would know.

And that Tru Magic CD by mos def, songs on there are the truth.....real talk just like imortal technique.

T.I.(P) of course,

Can't forget my home away from home in Tdot (toronto), and marco polo and kardinal holding it down.

And my local Seattle Emcee's doing it in the cypher at my university (university of Washington)
Check it out
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGWXODPFO8

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTwjW2N5G8

...there's rap outside the Bay Area??? :p

Andre Nickatina, Mac Dre, Too Short, Mistah FAB, Ya Boy, Hoodstarz, Kafani, Federation, Keak, AM Kidd, Jimmy Roses, The Team, Tupac, Traxamillion, etc etc

That sounds about like my list.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Little Brother, Tribe, Quasimoto, Gang Starr, and old west coast stuff like Compton's Most Wanted and Too Short. I've also been digging up a lot of stuff that 9th Wonder has produced. I've never been much on mainstream stuff but there's some tracks that stick out some when I do get around to listening to the radio. As much as I hate to admit it, I kinda liked the newest Bow Wow song. ROFL Mainly the beat.

LOL, my bad....whats your top five LB tracks? I say five because I know I can't narrrow it down myself

LOL, my bad....whats your top five LB tracks? I say five because I know I can't narrrow it down myself

Let's see.... I can't say I have a top 5 because I like a lot of em on the same level so.....

Chitlin Circuit
-Starvation
-On The Way
-Doin' Me
-The Beginning

The Listening
-Whatever You Say
-Love Joint Revisited
-The Way You Do It
-The Getup
-Away From Here
-Nighttime Maneuvers
-The Listening

Minstrel Show
-The Becoming
-Not Enough
-Hiding Place
-Slow It Down (i'd say this is close to my #1 fav)
-Lovin It
-All For You
-Watch Me (tie for #1)
-Sincerely Yours
-Still Lives Through
-We Got Now

I can't really narrow down my favorites. :D

Immortal Technique FTW! nobody can flow as hard as he can...well, maybe GZA but thats a BIIIG Maybe! my list:

Immortal Technique
GZA
Method Man(wu-tang years)
Ludacris
50 Cent (before he got shot up...sounds like a totally different person)
Chamillionare( before he went mainstream)
Slim Thug(before he went mainstream)
Paul Wall(before he went mainstream)
the Swishahouse camp (circa 1999, LOL)
Big L
Jay-Z(before Reasonable Doubt dropped, he was sick as hell....now hes just, meeeh)
Dr.Dre
NWA
Ice Cube
Beastie Boys

the list goes on...

I'm just glad to see some Tech fans. Anyone looking forward to his MLK cd on July 17th? I've always been a BTNH fan but their solo efforts are weak and I'm trying to get used to them in strength & loyalty w/o Bizzy. Immortal Technique is always good too. I don't know if too many people know of the Lost Boyz, but they've always been top 3-ish on my list.

I don't like radio played hip-hop. Back in 98-99 I WAS into DMX, Jay-Z, and those guys who broke at that time. I don't waste my time with that anymore.:rolleyes:

I AM into a more evolved Hip-Hop now though a bit limited.

You have to check out:
Saul Williams
-Amethyst Rockstar ( I was OMG when I heard this for the first time! Still a FAV!)
-Saul Williams :thumb:
Look for Saul Williams "Pledge to Resist" and open your mind, heart, and soul! There are both a Spoken word version and a phatty Break Beat mix. I have both BTW)

Black-a-licious
-Blazin Arrow OMG :rocks:
-Nia :thumb:

Faithless (A little older, techno genre, but still phat beats and rhymes!)
-Reverence :thumb:
-Sunday 8pm

All Absolutely AMAZING rhymes, rythm, and MESSAGE!
Anybody else out there with similar hip-hop artists?
I am looking for more material to listen to along these lines.

Tribe called quest, De La Soul, Boogie Down Productions (i.e. KRS-ONE), Leaders of the new school (i.e. Busta Rymes), Poor Righteous Teachers, Gangstarr..common sense (same as Common), biggie smalls (before notorious b.i.g.), old wu-tang shyt, nice and smooth, the Pharcyde, pete rock & cl. smooth, sandpeople, dilated peoples, Hieroglyphics (i.e. Del, Souls of Mischief), Beatnuts, The Roots, Brand Nubian, Raskass, Acealone, Boot Camp click (i.e. Black moon), old Nas, EPMD.......too much good shyt!!!! All of that new commercial shyt doesn't make sense and takes ZERO talent to rhyme on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back